MiniTorque.com banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
So,for clarification,has anybody used the Hornet exhaust with the extra box in the mid section and found it to be either acceptably quiet or unacceptably noisy please?
As shown in this ebay link....
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Mini...em-Silencer-/122679427588?hash=item1c90438204
Thank You
I have mid pipe silencer on mine, it takes the edge off, still sounds much the same just a little quieter.

The biggest difference I noticed was that there was far less vibration through the plastics in the car and certain rev ranges.

To the wife it went from being unacceptable to tolerable :laugh:

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
i have just had one fitted and love it its got a nice sound with bangs on over run and gear changes , so far well happy and think its good value

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fitted Hornet to my R50 and it's not for the faint hearted but love it. Can be quite loud around 60mph but noise actually lowers when you hit the higher speeds. Great value for money as well

·
Registered
43 Posts
Has anyone had any further experience with Hornet’s? I’m not really after much in performance terms, rather a little more noise.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
waste of money imo but if you like asbo zorsts that ruin a car great

standard cars running loud open systems generally sound more shite than a shite thing, you might even lose performance to it so it's just as well you're not really after much in performance terms😂

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Will be a ridiculous amount of additional noise and you'll likely want to change it again.

The resonated gravity exhaust isn't too bad but was a bit too loud for me.

Older Direnza exhaust was perfect noise/tone wise, but mine was knackered.

Currently running Scorpion Manifold and sports cat with JCW cat back and it's perfect imo, idles nice, quiet if driving normally, but does have a bit more bark when pushing on.

Even without the manifold and cat it sounded great.

2nd hand ones are usually the price of new Gravity's. If you do go for a Gravity from ebay, be patient and wait for one of the ebay voucher deals as they are usually included so will get an extra 10/15% off.

·
Chillin'
707 Posts
Took a R53 out for a test drive last week and that had a Hornet exhaust. Couldn’t hear the charger over the noise.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper S R53 2004
84 Posts
I have a non resonated Hornet exhaust. It’s not on the car.
It was great fun around town and on short blasts as it popped and banged hugely. On any other journey it was way too loud.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper S R53 2004
84 Posts
It’s not badly made to be fair. I got mine for buttons of a fella who was scrapping a R53.
I can certainly see it appealing to some.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper S R53 2004
84 Posts
The Hornet was akin to listening only to Slipknot at full volume.

Mine can be had for £30

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a hornet system on.my r53 nice exhaust note, allso od pop when coming down the gears, this kne doesn't are the wifes teeth ache when she comes out with me so must be good, as said value for money nice quality system easy to fit and not to noisy when on the open Rd

41 - 56 of 56 Posts