MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above:

I have an R50 with a standard bumper. Bought the lower grille pre-modified to fit straight in

Cheers guys

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
LOL. I have a better guide however

Type your question into the search box
Click Search
Look at the results, surprisingly they'll tell you what to do.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hi there, where was it you bought the lower grill pre-modified from?

thanks
Probably from a muggins like me who spent hours filling the bottom one with a file. Its not easy with incorrect tools but who wants to buy a dremel tool for one use. It fit nicely in the end though, still not perfectly, but better than most I've seen. I sold it on ebay and mentioned it was modded for cooper. Also you need to cut the clips off, you can ask BMW to cut the clips off and they will do this and then you can file it down with patience and continuous checking.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just did mine yesterday.
Don't need to use a dremel if you don't want to. The new grill is easier to trim by just scoring it a couple of times with a stanley knife, then get a pair of pliers bending it over a bit at a time and it will snap clean at the scoring line. Just cut vertical lines either side of each clip first so that you don't break them off. I used a set of snips for that but you could use a small hack saw or similar instead.
Making slits in the original bumper for the tabs to go into you can use a small drill bit and just stitch a few holes together and cut with a stanley/craft knife blade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts