MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dark silver R53 and the wheels need a refurb. I'd like to try gold, but gold is one of those colours that can look great or terrible depending on the shade!
I have a colour example and a photo of the car if anybody could help?
Alternatively, feel free to share pics of dark silver over gold馃憤馃徎

Premium Member
You'd be better off going to the place where you intend on getting the return done and asking them for a sample, as looking on screen/paper/irl can be completely different.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
You'd be better off going to the place where you intend on getting the return done and asking them for a sample, as looking on screen/paper/irl can be completely different.
That is true, but it'll give me an idea of weather I go dark, light, bright etc.
The exact shade can be picked from colour cards like you say, but having a pic of my car, on my wheels in gold is easier to see than standing across a car park holding up a colour card and trying to squint through one eye while you line it up with the wheel.........馃槀

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #7

I suppose I could print it out and colour the wheels with the kids sharpies馃槀

Premium Member
Colours I have had done by City Wheel Refurbishment in Birmingham. Alloy Wheel Refurbishment Birmingham | City Wheel Refurbishment

They are cheap too, from 拢20 for a bare wheel with no tyres. For colours like gold/bronze/copper they charge an addition 拢15 for wheels. My 18's cost me 拢45 per wheel including tyre removal and refitting.

Gloss Bronze:

F56 with grey roof by James Baker, on Flickr

IMG_6835 by James Baker, on Flickr

Matt Bronze:

Untitled by James Baker, on Flickr

Gloss Gold

Wheel close up by James Baker, on Flickr

Previous GT86 1 by James Baker, on Flickr

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent馃槀
It also gives me an idea of how it'll look if I paint the wheels myself, on the car without masking a thing馃憤馃徎

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts