MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is pretty healthy and makes good power, (211 dyno, 17% airtec tm and cat back) I just want a nicer spread (fnarr)

1320 are fully booked until the end of July, apart from Lohen who could do it?

Cam injectors and tune is what I'm after.

Any suggestions? Got a trackday on 7th July so I'd like it done by then..

·
Registered
583 Posts
Be very careful using your car on track until you get it mapped with those mods. At high RPM it will be running lean and you could cause it damage. Remember that you run a lot harder on track than on road.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm aware of that; hence looking.
I'm in Worcestershire but don't mind travelling.

·
Premium Member
5,604 Posts
Lohen? I doubt they could do it properly, pretty sure all they have are Bluefins that won't compare to a 1320 'ByteTroniK' custom tune, sure they'll perhaps tell you different just like all the other generic map suppliers might,

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd prefer 1320 but they are stuffed. Lohen have told me their tuning is developmental..

@CarsOrBikes if you can install cams who does the tune?

·
Premium Member
5,604 Posts
I'd take everything to 1320 for that only,

....I do have a few more of these😁dearer than Catcams though, I also have a 1302469 in and PH2's, not a big help to you if you can't get it tuned....

IMG_4732.JPG

were you considering just a map or having the Full Access version?

if taking Full Access it allows home tuning or map swaps, and would permit the use of a temporary file potentially which might still be better than any generic alternative, I doubt 1320 will install one a) someone paid for them so the files are customers b) all cars are different and one couldn't blame them for not standing by a random file in a different car

that said, I have a file for a 17%, EW02, 4:1 manifold, panel filter, to 7.2krpm that gave 216whp on my car which had quite a bit of timing removed so of the options out there it could serve as a temp file that'd still be safer than a random generic file.... it does require 550's though.... just thinking out load really, FA is a dearer setup

Reactions: Micke

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@CarsOrBikes I'm open to suggestions, and if you want to send me a cost for injectors and cam and your map please do, I agree it'll probably be better than nothing.

I was taken aback that 1320 are stacked for the next 6/7 weeks tbh, thought a month would be plenty of time to get it sorted 🙄

I drove the car to Germany a while back and it did back to back laps of the nurburgring without clipping/overheating or any issues, so I'm reasonably confident it'll handle 15-20 minute stints around donington.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So due to lack of space at 1320 I'm looking at chucking in a jcw ecu and 380cc injectors, should be better than the stock with my current mods.
Does a Newman PH1/2 need mapping straight away?
I'm not interested in power numbers, just want a fatter wodge of power.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
I’d definitely be mapping if fitting a cam particularly if going on track, will already be lean at the top with the 17, cam will make it worse.

May not have problems right away but somewhere down the line it’s likely to catch up.

·
Premium Member
5,604 Posts
The pulley is still the issue not the cam if a 1/2 is used, they (that cam) don’t require a map, they just would benefit from one as always

The JCW thing is not a solution but is better than nothing, mapped for an 11 not a 17 but a difference of 6 is better than 17 isn’t it, no idea what the map differences are, still not factoring other changes anyway so money is better spent on the alternative mentioned, temporary etc I know….

a 1/2 will drop right in,

only a mild cam, even a PH2 runs on a stock map smoothly but accentuates what the pulley is doing just the same so I get that’s the point Fro is trying to make and it’s valid, just not clear enough that the pulleys are more the cause of issues….

likewise not entirely about AFR either, it’s pre ignition, you either identify with it or you don’t, pulleys on their own cause it, cams on their own do not, or far less so ime.

Just saying’

I’d sooner run an 11 with a PH2 tbh using that JCW ECU….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fro-dizzle

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I've got a few irons in the fire now, I'd of just gone to 1320 for the stage 2 but they are full up.

I'll chuck on the jcw ecu set and 380cc and see how it feels; got to be better like you say. I believe it also allows 100% throttle below 4.5k, whereas stock holds it at 70% (don't quote me but I'm sure that's a thing)

I got it mot'd last week after digging it out of the garage and it's done 1000 miles in 2 years. Oil changed this morning and a nice drive out :)

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Trackday 7th July.
Conversely 1000 miles in 2 years probably says I shouldn't blow 1300 quid on it at 1320 ;)

·
Premium Member
5,604 Posts
Or some might say…. a motor on a summer track day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alski
1 - 14 of 14 Posts