MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive been getting a lot of hate for my Alta intake….by no means do I love the Alta and would be willing to swap for say a Dave F. But so far no ones given me any reason why i should do so. Ive taken a good look at it and also spoken to my tuner about it and neither of us can see any issues with it, even without the lid…

Could someone please enlighten me...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The shielding is made out of metal, whereas the original box (and a Dave.F or Orranje one) is made out of composite plastic, so it might heat up more in the engine bay.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,754 Posts
I've driven a car with an Alta intake and it sounded epic. This particular one I'm sure was plastic so I don't see why it would soak any more heat than any of the Dave f oem type boxes, there's more cool air going to get in there as the back panel is completely open. No hate from me bud, if you already have one then I see no reason to swap it out as any gains (if any) will be so small, you're better off keeping your cash

·
Fffuuuuuuu!
8,606 Posts
By the looks of your avatar, you track your car. Have you found any issues with inlet temps? Guessing not, otherwise you would have probably got rid of the culprit already (be that the Alta or something else). If the Alta works for you, keep running with it. Don't change it just because a couple of people hate it, then a couple more people read the hate posts then just repeat it like a game of Chinese whispers.

·
Administrator
6,049 Posts
I like my Alta, didn't seem to loose me any power as it made 235bhp on Lohens dyno and just over 200whp on 1320's on stock map, cam, head and injectors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts