MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just installed the M7 strut brace that is pressing the isolating rubber of the Alta CAI
I don't know if there is enough heat isolation when closing hood.
Am I also risking that the CAI is picking hot air, being an open box?

Anyone is running the same configuration?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Alta sell a top for the intake to enclose it fully, which I have with a forge strut brace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
441 Posts
I got it direct from Alta. Some images in my car and the part number with a quick search link. (I cannot vouch for the sellers)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,710 Posts
There's a lot of hot air spoken about open filters and boxes (pun totally intended). In reality once you are moving past 15mph or so there's so much airflow through the under bonnet that the effects of a perfectly closed off airbox are negligible. People also often forget that insulation works both ways. What's great at keeping the heat out (the airbox), once heat soaked, is just as great at keeping the heat in

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
There's a lot of hot air spoken about open filters and boxes (pun totally intended). In reality once you are moving past 15mph or so there's so much airflow through the under bonnet that the effects of a perfectly closed off airbox are negligible. People also often forget that insulation works both ways. What's great at keeping the heat out (the airbox), once heat soaked, is just as great at keeping the heat in
True.

And the stock airbox is already a CAI.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
maybe should I put back the rear firewall and drill a hole like some airbox mods?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts