MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP NEEDED

I've got a mini one '52 plate with the rims like the ones in the picture, if I was to change them to some black ones, would I have to tell my insurer or would it come under already having alloy wheels on it, so then it wouldn't matter?

·
Bob’s your uncle
3,732 Posts
Those are OEM 15x5.5 Imolas and they weigh a paltry 5.45kg each - pretty much any new wheel (black or otherwise) would not be an improvement. You're best off fitting new wider tyres, say a 185/65-15, and getting those painted. Wouldn't cost much.

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Alright mate, cheers, do you know of any websites for rims and spoilers etc. for my age and model?
Confused.com as a start. Don't include any mods on the quote. One of the Admiral group will probably be the cheapest. Then call them up and add the mods onto the quote. Use this as a base and call up Adrain Flux, Prestige etc. Basically anyone that might insure you. Play them off against each other to beat the previous quote until you get bored.

Those are OEM 15x5.5 Imolas and they weigh a paltry 5.45kg each - pretty much any new wheel (black or otherwise) would not be an improvement. You're best off fitting new wider tyres, say a 185/65-15, and getting those painted. Wouldn't cost much.
Which you would still need to declare to your insurance as a modification

1 - 6 of 6 Posts