MiniTorque.com banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
it would have been nice to see 250 with a 13 on it, 238 isn't miles away, and 171wtq so not hideous

there's more in this potentially, it's just the combination so needs a bit of a tweak, I have a new cam here that's not yet been run in a car ever, so Alan's might be a good base to try it in if not in my own, of the recent motors I've put together his is one of the only ones worth putting it in tbh, if wanting to explore it at least,

on the Pro Alloy, fwiw on the rollers it was logged at 49c @7.9krpm after numerous runs, not a real indicator of much sat in front of a fan but I've seen higher, Alan can log stuff on the road now as this car is set up with Full Access that will allow him to see more than any OBD typical display and it will allow him to make changes to his own map if inclined, or even learn how to make a new one etc.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
The car was tuned on Friday at 1320. Little disappointed with the figures it made though. Only 206bhp at the wheels or circa 236bhp at the fly. Sean is probably going to test a different cam in it next year to see if it makes anymore power.
I am no expert but it would have been great to hit the 250 mark but as other more knowledgeable gents have said it’s not far off. How does it drive though ?
Can you post the dyno up so we can have a look ?
cheers

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Driveability and reliability are more important than peak power as is the ability to go at it lap after lap rathar than having to do cooling laps for the AITs.
But no, youre not far off (y)
Definitely. My main aim was reliability on track, and the components that have gone into this engine should ensure reliability. 🤞 Be interesting to see IATs on track with the Pro Alloy. I don't want to lose my aircon so a front mount was not an option for me.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
I like the look of the jc wing
I was looking at those for my r53 (also purple)
What do you think of it ,does it seem like it's decent quality

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk
It's alright quality for the price. It's mounted on what appear to be 3d printed supports. It's relatively simple. I had the blade painted black eyed purple, and the ends black. I', thinking of putting the standard back on with a Leap extension instead though, so could be for sale if you're interested.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts