MiniTorque.com banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Not much happening at the minute. Colour coded side scuttles today, with some badges I got. Not sure the colour is a good match though. No clear coat on it yet. Still have black ones if it doesn't look good.

Supercharged Side Scuttles by Alan Humphreys, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well this was meant to be a track car, and I wasn't going to get too into the aesthetic side of things. But seeing it on the drive everyday, and not being able to drive it. I kept thinking of things I'd like to do. New rear lights on the way, I'm in the process of flocking the dashboard, and I have these sorted now too for some subtle yellow touches.

Keeping me entertained until I can get on with the more exciting things! 😁

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Fitted my flocked dash today, along with the revometer, speedo, cd player, switches and climate panel which have all had the LEDs changed to pink/purple. Also black rings around the faces and vents. Dash isn't totally back together yet, but this is what it looks like so far. Really pleased with how the flocked dash looks.

Not sold on the faces though, the numbers don't look defined when lit up... Might have to swap them.

Edit - Spoken to the people who did the faces, and they're going to print me some different ones that will hopefully be more defined.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Where'd you buy the gauges? I've had a few over the years that were poorly cut or printed and had them remade. Seems to be a lot of people who do it from home to a poor standard.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Where'd you buy the gauges? I've had a few over the years that were poorly cut or printed and had them remade. Seems to be a lot of people who do it from home to a poor standard.
Northern Lights SMDs and Dial Faces.
Is there anywhere you’d recommend to get them from if they don’t/can’t get it right?

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Northern Lights SMDs and Dial Faces.
Is there anywhere you’d recommend to get them from if they don’t/can’t get it right?
Yes sounds familiar :ROFLMAO:

I think the guy who runs R53 OC did the ones I was happy with in the end, can't remember his name but if you ask on there people should be able to point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yes sounds familiar :ROFLMAO:

I think the guy who runs R53 OC did the ones I was happy with in the end, can't remember his name but if you ask on there people should be able to point you in the right direction.
Ah familiar in a bad way then? :confused:

To be fair, he was really helpful and offered to re do them to sort the problem, so I’ll give him a chance to sort it first, and if they’re no good then I’ll look elsewhere. Happy with the LED replacements they’ve done though.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So not much has happened with this over the last few months. Things are starting to happen now though. Will update the first post with what's being done.

My pistons finally arrived with Sean a week or two ago, block being honed to suit and then should be good to go!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Work in progress, really liking it so far though!

Reactions: shiftspark

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Before:
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Audio equipment Electronic instrument Automotive exterior

After:
Product Motor vehicle Automotive tire Yellow Bumper

;O)

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Before:
Font Gas Audio equipment Wood Automotive lighting

After:
Gas Bicycle part Auto part Motor vehicle Machine

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Before:
Automotive engine gasket Motor vehicle Gas Audio equipment Automotive tire

After:
Hood Automotive lighting Table Gas Automotive exterior

Reactions: Fro-dizzle

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Before:
Light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Gas Auto part

After:
Light Automotive tire Gas Auto part Rim

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Alloy wheel

Reactions: Fro-dizzle

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Yellow Bumper Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Engineering Machine

Product Motor vehicle Yellow Gas Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Auto part Gas Screw Engineering

lots to do ;O)

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts