MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be making my own Dave F style airbox when I get the parts, and reading through some of the old threads a common mod is to bore out the air feed on the rear of the airbox. It just occurred to me, would it be worthwhile to bore out the OEM hole, and then make a new hole on the top half of the airbox too? Essentially giving it 3 different places it can get air?

Or would the extra hole be redundant seeing as both rear facing holes would be fed from scuttle panel vents?

I've not thought about this too hard so maybe it's a dumb idea, but when inspiration strikes.... 馃槀

Premium Member
I cut a 2nd whole a la jcw esque and tubed it to the scuttle vent. Cold air and more noise 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Look up hobo hybrid airbox part 2 in the how to's
That's the thread I was referring to. Trust me I've read through it 馃槒

Some people questioned why you cut the lower airbox when others had cut the top side, what I'm wondering is why not cut both?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
The top half is a twat to cut at an angle. I also had no idea what glue would be effective on it
Cutting it could be a pain alright. I'm sure some kind of glue would at the least hold it in place, and if that didn't work some silicone would do the trick. But maybe it's more hassle than it's worth.... I'll do the first hole and see if it makes enough noise to piss off the neighbours before I 'experiment' 馃槀

1 - 7 of 7 Posts