MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
it's a kon
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Airbag Warning Fooling Resistors
..... where can these be bought from?

About to fit some seats this week and believe I need a plug with a resistor in it to plug into the airbag plug that plugs into the seat so that the car "thinks" an airbag is present.

Maybe a silly question too, but if I run the car without doing this and the Airbag warning light is on, I take it that the other Airbags will still work?

·
it's a kon
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers. will check out maplin or order some.

will the other airbags be ok even if i dont fit this, do you know?

·
it's a kon
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will the other airbags still work ok even if i dont fit this and the warning light is on, do you know?

·
Chop it
3,792 Posts
if your light is on non of your air bags work.

You need a 3.9 or 4.0 ohm resistor in either way. I will be taking my airbag ecu tool to MITP for another user so if you are there I can clear the light if you bring put the resistors in

·
In the 14's
4,364 Posts
Seat airbag bypass resistor - totalMINI Forums

or you can make your own.....i just cut the plug of the seat and soldered a resistor in....take a trip to maplin and buy a 3.9ohm resistor and plug it in to the yellow plug either way around and you are on to a winner!
tM still has its uses despite all the slagging it gets on here blahblahblahblahblah
Is this the same thing needed if seats have different plugs ? My seats have two one yellow one blue - but the recaro's I have gathering dust only have 1 which is black ? hence why the seats are gathering dust :huh:

·
Loving the Janspeed
1,487 Posts
tM still has its uses despite all the slagging it gets on here blahblahblahblahblah
Is this the same thing needed if seats have different plugs ? My seats have two one yellow one blue - but the recaro's I have gathering dust only have 1 which is black ? hence why the seats are gathering dust :huh:
One is for airbag, one for seat heating

·
it's a kon
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm definitely going to call Rybrook tomoro to find out about the airbag situation.
If the rest of the airbags work even though the light is on then all is cool.

I dont want to chance the big drive to mitp without airbags.

Will try and get some resistors from them or will take up your offer at mitp.

The seats ive got are the R56 JCW's fitted and going to be fitted to an R53.
The connectors for the seatbelt are the same, its the one for the airbag that is completely different.

In the meantime the resistor will kill the light but i'll be looking to get an auto electrician to try put on the correct plugs so I can use the airbags in the seats.

·
Registered
365 Posts
:confused1: really, but my current seats (that have the two leads/plugs) arent heated :sad:

If you're correct, which one do I plug the black plug into from the recaros to make the airbags work:blink:
On the R53 the yellow is the airbag, blue is the seatbelt pretensioner and the heating is black (if you have it). Cant help recaro wise....

·
Premium Member
16,481 Posts
On the R53 the yellow is the airbag, blue is the seatbelt pretensioner and the heating is black (if you have it). Cant help recaro wise....
I have my airbag light on after going from JCW sparcos to standard S seats - no light before but now i do have one - to get rid of the light can I simply unplug the blue plug as thats all that was connected on my recaros..... ???

1 - 20 of 96 Posts