MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, popping a resistor in, when removing the seats doesn't work to stop the airbag light!

Ryank found this out to the peril of a finger on fire :laugh:
(shouldn't laugh, but i still do xxx)

Anyway, i made up a little thing to plug into the wiring of the seat airbag holes and low and behold, once the light was reset, it worked :D :D :D

Its essentially a 2amp fuse with some wire attached and some connectors haha!

Going to make up some sets of these tomorrow for Kennedy and Olaf, apparently if your going full harnesses, the same thing will work for the seatbelt wiring!

So basically, if people want them, i'll make them to order and post (will have a stock of them as of tomorrow me thinky) Not sure on cost, will do them at cost price and postage and once you remove airbag wiring, plug this in and then you can turn ignition on again.

Really chuffed these work, they dont get hot and wont cause any problems :)

If you want, just pop your name below and i'll get them made up!

·
Throttle Junkie
3,730 Posts
Awesome, I'd like a pair too James. And a packet of Haggis crisps please :laugh:

What do you use for the seat occupancy sensor?

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing for the occupancy, it doesn't seem to have come up as an issue . . .
I presume all seats have the occupancy sensor? But there is only wiring under my seat for airbag and the seatbelt tensioner.

·
Jap Scrap
2,227 Posts
Nice one! This is what I did in my last car when changing the seats, it was a 2.2 ohm reisitor iirc. Watch out though, as some people have had them fail after a few months. Might be something to keep an eye on

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice one! This is what I did in my last car when changing the seats, it was a 2.2 ohm reisitor iirc. Watch out though, as some people have had them fail after a few months. Might be something to keep an eye on
Not a resistor though, fuse :)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Have been working on it and made progress. You can code the airbag module and enable and disable individual airbags and related sensors. I installed the JCW recaro's in the mrs clubby. This gave an airbag error as the JCW seats don't have the passenger occupancy sensor. Today I disabled the seat occupancy sensor by coding the ABG module. The tools that I used are NCS Expert and NCS dummy and a £100 cable.

Next up is disabling most of the airbags in my car due to bucket seat. I'll update this if that works as well.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Did my car today. Disables the seat airbags, belt tensioners, belt detection sensors and the seat occupancy sensors. Succes! No more airbag light!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts