MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here got this solved?

Mine keeps coming on with the same fault every so often yet I've had the part checked - passenger side pretensioner. The light sometimes comes on after a bumpy road but other times completely at random.

Some have said re-routing the wiring under the seats has worked - if so, what exactly was done because this things a real pain in the hole now.

The pains of this car are fast outweighing any pleasure lately.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently, the passenger side pretensioner was checked out. Not exactly sure how but i have to take the garage's word for it.

However...

The first time it came on (about a week after i got the car last year) I'm sure the garage said the fault code related to the drivers side pretensioner. He poked the wiring around, reset the light and all was well for a week or so.

Thats when i bought a B800 tool which always throws up the same code - Table 10, error 03 - passenger side firing tensioner.

Im thinking maybe the manual for the B800 is assuming its a LHD car and the fault in fact be the drivers side pretensioner?

Cant afford to keep taking this car into the garage which is why im hoping you guys might be able to help...

Cheers

·
Registered
671 Posts
unbolt the seats, tilt them back, unplug pretensioner, plug it back in and refit the seat, its possibly a bad connection on the plug, if that don't work, get a pretensioner from a breakers or ebay etc.
just remember to have the keys out of the ignition before unplugging things

all you need is a torx set to get the seat out and the pretensioner off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, thanks mate!

Does this mean the tensioner has two connectors (one at the actual tensioner end and one that connects at the front part of the seat by your knees)

Any suggestions on how to route the wiring back properly so it dont snag?

I read somewhere that small electrical spikes or drops can trigger the light also

what would cause a voltage spike or drop at random?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Only connector on them is the one effectively under your knees at the front. Make sure the wire hasn't been trapped or damaged where it runs through the seat frame and down the side to the tensioner. There should be a rubber grommet to protect it.

If you need a new tensioner (either side) I have a pair that weren't throwing any fault codes when removed from our donor cars.

Use a hammer to get the torx in to the bolts and tensioner if you need to remove it. They can need quite a bit of force to loosen them and the last thing you need to do is knacker the splines!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers, man! Thats helpful. If needed, how much would you want for the pair?

Also, i just checked the likes of ebay and apparently there are two types for my car?

One with just a blue connector and another type which has a blue AND a black connector too!

Gonna check which mine is at the weekend when i get the time...

Definitely interested so let me know...

Cheers

·
Registered
492 Posts
Never heard of one with a blue and black connector.

Pretensioner is blue, side airbag is yellow.

Think the going rate is about £45 posted each.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts