MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Fffuuuuuuu!
8,606 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Some people tend to criticize the alta ones..

however, having the v2 version i can't really say that it's noisy etc...!

Working for me!

·
omd
4,714 Posts
r56 ones are longer I think on the front.... i never had the drop link sitting on the arm before ::getcoat:: took a fair bit of effort to get the top back in the strut :laugh:

those nm ones look pimp... if they are cheaper than the altas i may well go that way

edit: they are not cheaper... gonna get the alta's from lohen me thinks

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
eBay mate :) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/V-Maxx-Mini-Cooper-S-BMW-MK2-Coilover-Droplinks-SBMO-/110391771478?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19b3dcc156

Did you not have adjustable links on the GP then?

This might be of interest to you too....

http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-cooper/alta_sway_bar_end_links.html

Please note on the 2007 and newer Hatchback R56 MINI (generation 2) if you are lowering your car you will need to replace the front end links but due to some changes in the geometry please use Alta REAR end link in the front!!! The same will apply to all of the Generation 2 cars.

·
omd
4,714 Posts
no didnt bother as I knew I wasnt going to have it that long...

was going to wait for the r56 and buy them when I decided what coilovers I wanted but my hand is forced due to crazy long stock ones and being rather low at the front :D

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
no didnt bother as I knew I wasnt going to have it that long...

was going to wait for the r56 and buy them when I decided what coilovers I wanted but my hand is forced due to crazy long stock ones and being rather low at the front :D
Ahh I see, haha. Fair enough!

Btw, check my edit on the above post in regards to the fronts on R fiddy' six ;)

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
Picked up the vmaxx ones last week - they come with two separate bars of different lengths for front/rear - I'm due to fit them to my R53 in a couple of weeks and will take measurements
Yep, fully adjustable - look very sturdy - will get some pics up tonight. They essentially have a bar in the middle which screws on to top and bottom ball joints (which have threaded ends) - they can then be adjusted on the car by rotating the middle bar and tightening the nuts up
Nice one, can you let me know what part numbers etc you ordered to get a set mate as I only thought they did rears. If I can get a full set all in for under £150 I'm laughing :thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Same co on eBay as listed above, Auto Motives, I'm sure they come with two bars - i.e. so that the set can be used for front or rear?? My auction specifically said front, but reckon you could use them on the rear too. What's the difference in lenth between the standard front and rear? I haven't got round to checking that yet

1 - 20 of 69 Posts