MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says. I am having trouble finding A pillar gauge pods for any Mini. Looking to buy one for '09 Clubman S. Just looking to do something different from others who mount to the rev... I have looked everywhere I could. Maybe just not in the right place...which is why I am here and posting this..

Anybody know of such a place?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found one guy on MU that made a custom fiberglass A gauge pod.

But I am trying to see if there may be some mini conscience company out there that may have these in the OEM style plastic..

·
MT padawan
2,618 Posts
There crap on the pillars, i had one ill get pictures later. They get in way alot and make life difficult adding to the blind spot, i took mine off after nearly driving into a car on a round about.

·
bad boy
333 Posts
got an a pillar gauge pod from ebay for 28pound. and 2 gauges for 54pound even tho you didn't want to no that i havent had any problems with them to be honest. looks like the normal mini dash plastic and fits the pillar perfect just 2 screws hold in place.

BMW Mini One 01- Twin Gauge Holder RHD Pillar Mount Pod on eBay (end time 29-Mar-10 11:22:20 BST)

try these ones these are the people i got mine from but when they come they looked much nicer than this worth a look if your still interested.

·
bad boy
333 Posts
yer to be fair the picture on that 1 is sickening compaired to the 1 i got off them haha

·
MCS
198 Posts
Can BMW fit gauges after you bought the car? Would like a boost and oil pressure either side of tacho behind the steering wheel. That way I why I can see what the engine is doing a bit better and OEM units tie in with the interior and are quite subtle so won't look chavy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The reason they are not sold for the Mini and most newer cars is due to the gauges becoming a projectile in the event of an accident where the side curtain airbag deploys.

Gauge in the face at airbag speed does not sound like a fun time :)

·
burble.. burble pop! pop!
442 Posts
Gauges look best the the centre two airvents! Look ace, some pics kicking about somewhere!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.