MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The key difference everybody will want to know is, Will it out perform the competition?
And the very simple answer is yes, when I bench flowed mine against the competition, mine gives a 40% efficiency improvement, the flow figures will NOT be published, as this test is not reality, this was a simulation only for flow figures.
The real test will be carried out on the dyno, and real time road use, once all hard data has been gathered, then these will be published, for you all to see the difference.

Some of you will be saying, well it looks identical to the competition, it does resemble the competition, as there is not a great deal you can do with end tank design, for the position the intercooler is mounted on the car, what does make a whole world of difference is the core quality! the one pictured will be for fast road, I have produced one for competition use too, again looks pretty much the same, however the core is better again.

·
Bugger
25,445 Posts
as with all good intercoolers its a case of inner beatuy, nice work

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We need bigger pic attachments on MT, so we can see the beauty of things like this! ;)
I am not a forum expert, and would like to post larger pictures, how do I do this?

·
freedom...blah
4,069 Posts
I am not a forum expert, and would like to post larger pictures, how do I do this?
Easiest way is to open up a free photobucket type account for any pictures you want to show and then just link to the picture.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks promising mate.

When are you planning on carrying out further test with it?
The dyno testing will be done over the next couple of weeks, I will showing results with the stock FMIC, the competitors FMIC and then my FMIC, all this will be done on my completely factory stock R55 Clubman Cooper S, keeping the stock resonator/restrictor for the first set of tests, then using a resonator delete hose for the next set of tests, then the real road time test will begin.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
102 Posts
hi! Its nice to see some movement in the r56 market! Whats your pricing strategy for the fmic?

looking forward for the data!

any other products in the pipeline?

:thumbup1:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The price of my FMIC will by no means be the cheapest on the market, quality and performance costs! this will be proven on the dyno over the next few weeks, I have quite a few products for the N14 turbo engine, these range from a steel billet crankshaft to the valve train components, all these components were originally intended for my private use only, however I am now in testing my components and will offer them for general sale if and when anyone wants the best of the best.

·
GP Pilot 1238
2,361 Posts
Which one is yours in the pic as they both look near on identical ::getcoat::

What's your background on performance parts etc? Sounds very interesting. What other stuff you into? :thumbup:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In the large photo's on the previous page, mine is the front one in the first picture and the one on the right in the rest of the photo's.
I have been in the industry for 26 years.

·
GP Pilot 1238
2,361 Posts
In the large photo's on the previous page, mine is the front one in the first picture and the one on the right in the rest of the photo's.
I have been in the industry for 26 years.
Good stuff. Have you always worked on car performance things then? :thumbup:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I have always Worked in the design to production of quality performance products, and yes I have a fully equiped engineering workshop.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Today I have been to P-Torque to have a back to back intercooler shootout, to keep everything fair my Clubman Cooper S is completely standard, just as it rolled out of the factory last May, I even kept the stock resonator/restrictor hose in all of the tests too!

Although my intercooler performed well, I am still wanting a little more from it, and yes there is more performance in it, so it is back to the drawing board, to get the very best from our base line test today.

I am still waiting to receive the plot graph showing the actual intake temperatures, I have seen them and they are very encouraging, however I am a perfectionist and want to maximise on the potential that is still to come, so for now to feed your curiosity I have attached the HP/Torque graph.

·
aka Big Daddy
1,863 Posts
Still pretty impressive gains...I would imagine when coupled with other mods you would see even greater benefits?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes when coupled with further mods, EG; resonator delete hose, then more gain in performance!

I have to say that, Will was very cruel when he put my intercooler to the test, after fitting he left the engine idling, while we lined up in the rollers and strapped down, then did 4 back to back 5th gear pulls at WOT, then did a final 5th gear pull at WOT to see if the intercooler was troubled by heat soak, and as you can see, it still managed a 19.3 wheel HP reading and 20.6 lb/ft of torque over the stock intercooler.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts