MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I could really use your help. I just bought some cool 8.5x18 classic wolfrace Eurosport’s for my 2008 R56 and the standard wheel bolts (m14 1.25mm I think) just aren’t long enough and the lip doesn’t fit through the studs.
Help!

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,532 Posts
You don't have a dilemma, you need much longer bolts to suit the new rims. Nip round a tyre fitters, take a rim with you, and try them until you find one long enough to give you 5 turns before torquing up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't have a dilemma, you need much longer bolts to suit the new rims. Nip round a tyre fitters, take a rim with you, and try them until you find one long enough to give you 5 turns before torquing up.
I needed to buy alloy wheel tuner bolts. The M14 1.25 versions. They are rare but two companies in Scotland had them. Next I need to fit these big wheels to the car.
Reckon it will fit okay?

·
Premium Member
5,046 Posts
I wouldn't trust just five turns, they wouldn't pass right through the hub and won't provide any reserve should a bolt come loose, just my2p

1320 keep longer bolts to fit the R56S threads, in a few lengths, I use the longest with 16mm spacers (or 11) and OEM rims which pass through the hub threads ok, and they're a good quality bolt that you can feel properly clamp the wheel rather than feel like it's stretching as some do for the 53 size imo. Only my2p ;O)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't trust just five turns, they wouldn't pass right through the hub and won't provide any reserve should a bolt come loose, just my2p

1320 keep longer bolts to fit the R56S threads, in a few lengths, I use the longest with 16mm spacers (or 11) and OEM rims which pass through the hub threads ok, and they're a good quality bolt that you can feel properly clamp the wheel rather than feel like it's stretching as some do for the 53 size imo. Only my2p ;O)
Really! Hmm.. What’s the longest bolts?

·
Premium Member
5,046 Posts
I know they have 23mm longer and 16mm longer than stock, there may be another

Reactions: DangerousDave2020
1 - 10 of 10 Posts