MiniTorque.com banner

721 - 740 of 769 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I saw you at Silverstone yesterday the car looked fantastic and its give me huge inspiration / motivation to get on with track preparation for my R53.

How did you get on?

We were out in the white Megane R26R, the track was busy and cold but we had a brilliant day.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #725
I saw you at Silverstone yesterday the car looked fantastic and its give me huge inspiration / motivation to get on with track preparation for my R53.

How did you get on?

We were out in the white Megane R26R, the track was busy and cold but we had a brilliant day.
Cheers bud. Done a lot of track days but this was my Silverstone cherry. What an epic track!

My mate came along in his GT3. That car is unreal!

Late afternoon I had one drama & out braked myself coming into club. Hit that bump in the track a few MPH quicker than I should on a cooling circuit & locked the fronts. Ended up going straight on, through the kitty litter, over the grass & back onto the track. That told me it was time to pack up & head home

I’ll get a few pics up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #729
Good job the silverstone track is a fast paced one! I would be afraid to overtake some of that lovely metal! ?
You ain’t joking as the amount of faster cars I caught through Maggots & Becketts as well as Abbey & Farm was unreal. Some long straights though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #730
Still alive so thought i'd post a little update as the car hasn't really moved much since the Silverstone trackday. Gonna try & get out a lot more in 2019 though with the first trackday looking like 15th Feb 2019 at Goodwood on the EJS Trackday. Need to get new track tyres, brake pads etc... in prep but will be good to get the old girl out again :)

She's currently chilling at home with the 350z & AMG :)

IMG_5957.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
cat looks as if it's about to see you off his turf

Reactions: MAFFA

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #739
She’s still going out & about, although mainly to the track & a few meets

My lad turned 14 in July so I treated him to his first Trackday at our local track...Goodwood

Also got the old girl out for a shoot the other week as well

For those interested these were taken with a Canon Eos 700d with a Canon EF 50mm lens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #740
My carbon spoiler from Orranje had seen better days with some serious lacquer peel

Thankfully one of my neighbours works with carbon as their job & sorted that in a day

Added a MASSIVE Orranje sticker that goes well with the rest of the colour theme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

721 - 740 of 769 Posts