MiniTorque.com banner

701 - 720 of 769 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #703
She's home

https://uploads.tapatalk

I actually thought there was a cat on the passenger seat of the Nissan:laugh:[/QUOTE]

ROFL the misses has a cushion with a picture of our cat on it. Sits in passenger seat & freaks me out every time I look in the window lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
#HypocriticalCoiloverCunt
3,304 Posts
ROFL the misses has a cushion with a picture of our cat on it. Sits in passenger seat & freaks me out every time I look in the window lol

My missus has a pussy cushion too... its to help her sit down after 2.5minutes of pleasure from me.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #707
Brief update. Nearly 4 months back from the build & I'm up to 450 miles. 50 more to go before I drop the oil & then the rest will be on the track or going to events. It's a seriously difficult problem putting miles on it when you've an AMG on the drive!

Also think I need a new n/s driveshaft. It shat a boot at the last trackday I did at Goodwood, which I repacked & replaced but I think the damage was done.

Other than that the engine feels tight & punchy. Wouldn't be surprised if this one is putting down even more power!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #709
Crack on and get them done, you can still have fun short shifting? haha.
How does it feel jumping in it after the AMG?
Slow!

Other than that it's still good fun. Just got to remember the clutch, gears & handbrake lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #711
Any updates Matt? Does the beast still live, hopefully so and is still seeing the odd track / b road blat!

Hello mate. Not been on here in a while as running your own A45 club takes over your life between the Forum, Facebook & Instagram but the Mini has been out & about.

It went to MITP at the pod but stayed firmly in its parking spot as the engine was being run in still.

I dropped the oil when I got back, changed both driveshafts & the other week I got it ready for Minis Take over Goodwood

It was a good job I packed spare driveshafts as I stupidly put J&R ones in. They lasted 6 laps before the n/s one snapped clean in half!!!

Thanks to my pit crew of Craig & Harvey I was back out again in 1/2hr

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #715
I’ve more vids to come

So anyway I put the driveshaft back in that I took out (as it felt iffy) & that lasted the rest of the day...just.

Had to limp the 5 miles home on this!!

Made & & now I’ve a 2nd hand OEM driveshaft in ready for the Silverstone GP circuit tomorrow

Looking forward to that as my best mate just bought this to take along

·
Registered
691 Posts
What a morning that was at goodwood. I’m going to pop over to Silverstone tomorrow have a watch my mate from work is there in his civic

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #719
What a morning that was at goodwood. I’m going to pop over to Silverstone tomorrow have a watch my mate from work is there in his civic

Wicked see you there. Hope this driveshaft holds out lol

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Holly shit, thats so poor for a new part! Are the driveshafts a week point on these cars?

Dam that is a well stocked car, but it certainly paid off!
To Fail to prepare is to prepare to fail!

Its good your day wasnt a write off though, top work to you and the crew for turning it around on the day ?

701 - 720 of 769 Posts