MiniTorque.com banner

62 Plate FJCW New Member Project N18

7K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  B1nlyR56 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all, [emoji1366]

I've been following and reading posts on here for a while but never introduced myself! So here we go!

Ollie Green - 22 Years Old - From Doncaster (unfortunately)

Whilst not new to the mini scene, this is my newest one after going through a cooper and a cooper s!

I had the Cooper from 17-18 and then the S at 18 until 21 whilst at uni and loved every minute of it. But always found myself wanting all the JCW goodies. So here we are!

I really liked the look of the red mirrors and ducts so that was the first thing. Off to the painters! Chilli Red [emoji892]

Went in for full tints, 20% rears and legal fronts.. however, the tiny guy said he couldn't do the front because of the gasket around the windows.. a load of BS maybe? Has anyone had their front done? - still want them doing so some info would be helpful!

I trimmed the insides of my old air vent and popped a cheap 52mm boost gauge in.
- does the job!

The Intercooler has been upgraded to a Direnza one (budget I know) - but performed well on my old mapped cooper s and it was off my mini so **free parts!**)

Gloss Black Beltline kit - needs re doing as it looks like a blind man has done it.

Gel Plates Front & Back.

White LED numberplate lights.

JCW Carbon Gear Shifter & Handbrake are in! -

Intercooler Res Delete has been ordered. Hopefully should arrive next week.

Some China LED front side lights - I was impressed with the fitment.

Sports Cat hopefully in following week. (50 mile daily commute so I do not want it to be too loud!) - debating going Hobo on this.. but still unsure?!

Hopefully a manic map (funds dependant) at CLP next month at the MOG Rolling Road day. - Can anyone give me rough figures as to what I should expect please?!

This is how she's sitting currently!
62 Plate, 22,000 miles, Eclipse Gray, black line kit, etc. - will get some more photos of it at some point!

If anyone is near Doncaster / Sheffield / Leeds and sees me, give me a wave!

If there's any meets going on, give me a shout[emoji4]!

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I love the colour![emoji7] - I had an awful experience with the FK's I had on my old mini. I bought them when they first came out so they were not tested by any members or anything and I thought I would take the gamble on them as they were cheap. The worst decision i have made! Buy cheap - buy twice.

+ also the car park at my work is multi story and I scrape my painted lip at the moment [emoji36] so lows are not an option at the minute unfortunately. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Looks a beaut! [emoji7]

I'm based in Sheffield so will see you at the CLP RR day! Which stage map are you thinking? I'm guessing stage 2 with the intercooler and cat?

I'm running stage 2 on my N18 FJCW (was done at CLP) at 255bhp and 280lb-ft on map B (so 1.4 bar boost, map C targets 1.5)

#6 ·
There's a few of us around Sheffield/Rotherham so I'm sure there will be some drives/meets soon [emoji847]

Are they offering any discount on the RR day? I can vouch for the guys at CLP though, they really know their stuff! And won't try and rip you off with more than you need either [emoji4]

I'm going to try running mine on map C in April so will be interested to see the figures!

#7 ·
Awesome. Be good to see everyone! And yes, they are offering 10%. So would have only been £50 odd quid but still.. did yours get the trial fit of the GFB + by any chance?

I saw that on their page and was interested on how they got it to fit!

#13 · (Edited)
Finally some more car parts.

The Res Delete turned up last night from eBay.

Just got it fitted, but what a bitch that little screw is to get! - I could not decide if I should go from the top or the bottom. But in the end, bottom was the best route.

Also the extra length on the intercooler side really helps seat it properly. I went and bought some adjustable plumbers clamps which stopped my issue of a very slight boost leak due to not being able to seat the old clip back on the intercooler..

No performance gain what so ever I don't think. No noticeable difference anyway. But should help the air flow a little better[emoji1360]

#15 ·
I've been down to CLP more than a few times. I was actually supposed to get the GFB dv on mine but for whatever reason I didn't, even so would still never go anywhere else. They did the stage 2 on my old S. Now booked in for stage 1 on the new JCW

#16 · (Edited)
I've heard of people actually having issues with the GFB and a Manic map on N14? - they actually recommended the OEM unit for some reason?!

But most of what I have read is on the N14 platform - so I do not know if it will behave different on the N18?

Hopefully it all goes well for N8than and he has no issues! He's probably one of the first to do it on an non auto N18.

#18 · (Edited)
My £139.99 eBay special 200cell sports cat came in! Got it fitted in around 40 mins - nice easy job.

Pops and bangs a lot more. Probably around 20% louder. Not at savage as a decat which I like.

EML came on after around 50 miles. However, it's going to get mapped shortly so that will remove the light.

Welds looks goodish!

#19 ·
Evo 10 NGK ILKR8E6 Plugs arrived ahead of my stage 2 Manic map at CLP Automotive in Sheffield on Thursday.

£49.99 inc delivery from eBay.

14mm thin wall socket to remove the old plugs which were champion [emoji30].

16mm thin wall to install the new ones. 1 step colder than JCW factory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.