MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally bitten the bullet & booked my car in for the inevitable remap & bought the pre-requisite 550cc injectors.

My question is, is it going to be wise to fit them when I get there, or before-hand?

Just after your experience as to whether it will run OK on the way there.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, interested in that theory (not arguing) as with 440s everything is fine (AFR/power/running etc) but with -12% LTFTs.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
advice is generally to not attempt to run them, I wouldn't.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, so I drive there, fit them outside in the car park & they will be able to pull it in?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Does the car have a cam? If not, then I have been previously advised by one of the most trusted mechanics in the UK MINI community that there is basically zero point in fitting 550cc injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,926 Posts
I accidentally switched maps when fancying around to a one for 380"s, and even with what are effectively 720's in it still started and ran (rough as you like). Would I recommend it....nah. if you want to fit parts before a map then fit a cam at home and let your tuner do the easy bit

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input gents, I will aim to get there early & fit them in the car park.

FYI current status.

440cc injectors
BBTB
Chinese copy I/C
CAI, Ramair filter & home made intake re-route
17% pulley
Cooler plugs
At which point I had it dyno'd at 220

I then fitted a Newman fast road cam and have definitely felt the difference, but will now get it mapped with the 550s as I have finished performance mods aside of a home made intercooler upgrade as my winter project.

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Home page has 3 pictures of an R52 so that looks promising.
Not trying to stir up an hornets nest honest but are these guys reputable with our mapping sensitive cars? and if so how much?

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
I was going to use them also, but I'm still in the same mindset.

PTorque had loads of experience with R53s, & look what they did!!

Think they're similarly priced as 1320 iirc.

I'm letting Andy be the MT guinea pig! :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,926 Posts
I certainly haven't heard anything negative about their tunes in the mini community, and you know that shit spreads like wildfire. John from BigFish used to post regularly on here a couple of years back. He was very open to explaining what he did and how he did it. Somebody has to be the first........

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Really? From a map alone?

Stage 1
Stock Power:
163 hp
Power After:
202 hp
Stock Torque:
210 Nm
Torque After: