MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This I'm putting up as available but will be doing some work on it before it can go to a new owner,

It's a 'very' original car with 92k, just had a cherished plate removed and V5 is in the system then has to go to the last keeper before I'll see it but that will sort itself out very soon. Original registration is on. Current keeper for ten years I think.

The car has full black leather in nice condition, heated front seats, there are a couple of scratches to the base of the passenger seat and some typical backrest bolster wear on the drivers seat which isn't too bad at all. There is a hole like a small screw hole in the left of the headlining. Tbh I haven't actually looked to see if something is meant to be there, possibly, but just saying how it is. Front and rear pads and discs are in great condition with little use. The bonnet stripes have been redone by the looks of it, and I think simply laid over the remains of the old ones which show slightly, pity but easily remedied if inclined, still smart. There are some stone chips as you'd expect. It's a very tidy car, and I'm quite fussy. It has non run-flat's, nsr punctured which I'll repair. Tyres are all good. There is a radio cassette but a 6 disc changer in the boot. It has cruise.

I'm renewing the head gasket, fitting an OEM type fan resistor, clearing and flushing the full cooling system, clearing the heat exchanger, cleaning up the totally original engine bay, renewing the lighter fuse, and restoring function of the rear wiper. Happy to deal with anything else once a deposit has been paid. Not something I'd normally put up here just like the other one but there are guests reading I know, and plenty of people looking for nice cars. This is one.

Priced to sell quickly, the last one like this went to the first person that saw it, this is nicer, well above average, in fact body wise overall it is quite exceptional for an S almost 18 years old, the rear bumper cover has had paint as there are a couple of minor flaws if critical, the front has a couple of slight stains/bleaching on the top but might clean. Above the boot handle I can see just a couple of really very small blisters emerging, and one number plate lamp cover is broken.

It has driving lights fitted which I have to say are a much better size than the typical lamps, I know not for everyone but these look ok to me so are staying on.

Not much else to say, few nice completely bone stock cars exist, especially this clean. Well stock at the moment ;O) It's clearly never been modified at all, so not just put back to stock as some do. Take a look. Comes with one working remote key in nice condition. Really nice car.

As usual I have parts available that can be installed totally labour FOC, JCW charger, JCW head, Forged rods, Quaife, MFactory, YCW, BC, Fletcher cat back, JCW cat back, Direnza cat back, Maniflow single or twin box cat back available, Maniflow manifolds available, Newman Cams, Catcams, EW02, Lohen BVH (helicoiled), R98 Web Design Ronals, but this one is nice totally stock if that's what you want ;O)

07952 056276
[email protected]
@WirralMini

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

So this when the head was removed revealed a huge crack in the head which can be felt never mind seen. I haven't taken so many pictures of this one but there are some. I had a head which I got from someone on here ages ago so I used that after a clean up, I used it's inlet valves and the red cars exhaust valves, all lapped in, didn't change stem seals, just cleaned all the carbon off the exhaust valves and went with that.

I didn't go into so much detail with the rest of the motor at all, but did take the charger off and check the PTO gears and oil which were good, I didn't remove the pump but did clean its interface with the PTO and cleaned the PTO cover. The pump 'feel' was good so no need to disturb. I took out the crank sensor which wasn't leaking as such but was slightly dark in that area of the block so cleaned that off, and also the loose corrosion and dirt from the front of the block. The alternator housing has a crack as many do but this is left. If someone wants to change it they can supply me the part or pay for one and I'll fit it FOC but this works and isn't tight so it stays. Just being honest here.

Actually this motor is generally dry, yes there are leak signs but no drips anywhere at all, just dark staining which largely probably was contributed to by the rocker cover gasket so I changed this and the plug tube seals, Victor Reinz parts as with the head gasket and bolts. There is also a new thermostat. So not much to say other than it's driving as of yesterday. I have a couple of small things to do, the PCV valve needs renewal, as does the dipstick, so I'll swap those, and one of the lifters is noisy which I'll sort out.

Other than that I notice the carpet on the left of the drivers footwell largely concealed by the mat, has quite a long tear, I've seen a few like this. Actually now I've spent some time around the car I've thought about the price and dropped it to £2k firm. Easily worth this, it's just a quick sale, not a car I went out of my way to get but ended up owning it due to the need for a head. It also had an inlet manifold as the original won't yet come off the old head so was quicker to just change. The car is totally stock, I renewed the plugs with very good FGR7DQP+ four electrode Bosch plugs. These cars like these plugs, if whomever buys it wants original NGK BKR6EQUP's I'll swap them no problem, these are just my personal preference.

Few more pics:

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've also renewed the fan resistor and tested the fan on both speeds, plus flushed the cooling system including the heat exchanger so all areas are clear, the car runs well, I flushed the engine oil then renewed the oil and filter. BMW coolant was used as always.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Out of curiosity, Sean, is that a cable tie you've got there to keep the timing chain on the cam sprocket? Clever idea.

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
habit really, sometimes I take the sprockets off wherever the engine stopped

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car is now sold/deposit taken.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts