MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi guys

So the Mini lost the clutch and is sitting for 3 weeks to be serviced. Got around a lot of maintenance parts so it will come healthier i think.

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-27 at 14.04.29.jpeg

Anyone used or is currently running HISPEC? A friend had these lost in his place and i took them. Funny fact i think they are the R53 specific kit. I noticed the oil entry in the back, the oil travels the caliper inside to the other side? Never saw this before yesterday so....

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-29 at 16.45.52.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-01-29 at 16.54.25.jpeg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Going to test fit them tomorrow and see if they fit, if yes going to refurbish them! Any suggestions on the colour?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So some progress.

IMG_6509.jpeg
IMG_6510.jpeg
IMG_6511.jpeg
IMG_6512.jpeg

The car fucked up the clutch bearing into pieces. The clutch was already int he end of life and the bearing worn the guide tube so another piece to buy. Went to MINI and bought it along with rod bolts and a supercharger seal.

IMG_6547.jpeg

The engine is off to do the work. Bought these beauties to change. I wanted to buy ARP but theres no for delivery and i needed them quickly.

Already making my own induction kit with a BMC filter and bought an intake hose as my OEM is split.

IMG_6197.jpg

Another thing to fit an AEM V2 Meth kit! :)

IMG_6433.jpeg

Got some Aero skirt and front bumper from Thomas at 1320, need time to refurbish them and paint.

IMG_6223.jpg

I looked from the bottom and the engine looks in great condition, i also took a bearing and there was litle friction signs but new is new.

IMG_6526.jpeg

I just didnt like the colour of the valves :( what you guys think?

IMG_6519.jpeg

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts
If fitting the race bearings I'd wait for the ARP rod bolts personally. The valve colour is normal for a standard car, it will be slightly darker if custom mapped, I'd still strip and clean them and re-lap plus new seals etc.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts