MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, newbie to this forum, I have a lovely r53 but it seems to have a wee gremlin, at 3000 rpm, I get a bit of a rattle at wide open throttle, it's like a mettalic rattle, no loss in power, still drives fine, just rattles.. I've done the usual checks, crank pulley seems fine, new coil pack, new leads, de Coked it with seam foam (hilarious to watch) I wouldn't say intermittent but some days it's worse than others In terms of loudness, can just about get it when stationary, but no where to the same extent so it's engine load based, occasionally say once a fortnight I get a cylinder 2 misfire code. I don't know if this is related or not, but just wondering if anybody has had this or any likely problems or where to look? Thanks for reading :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dave, funny you should say that, I've just been under it, seems there is a heatshield beneath another heat shield that can't be seen from the top.. It's come off the post it's meant to go on, but I cannot for the life of me get it back on, I've bent and reformed it as best I could with the driveshaft In my way, seems to have reduced the noise (mind may be playing tricks mind) but yeah surely if that's not mounted properly it would rattle?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts