MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good quality floating rotor adapter kit for the Mini R53. Most of the increased braking performance increase is gained from the use of larger diameter rotors rather than multiple piston (4, 6, 8) callipers. So to keep costs low and performance high an adapter kit like that produced by Ryland rear rotor conversion kit sold by Orrange would be ideal.... if it were available for fronts.
Floating design rotors use dowels or clips in stainless steel that isolate the rotor from the bell and hence eliminate rotor distortion or warping over time thanks to far less heat transfer and thus the physical separation albeit 0.5mm between rotor and bell, makes a big difference.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,481 Posts
I've run 325mm two piece (none floating) rotors for years and never encountered any issues. You may be looking for a solution to a problem that you will never actually have. If you're dead set on it then you could give HiSpec Brakes a look

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've got a set of JCW 4 pots with Reyland two piece J hook discs, XP10 pads and braided lines for sale if you're interested? Unless you're running slicks I would think this is plenty??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts