MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Been noticing my radiator fan being on basically all the time and also when getting in the car the auto climate control witll strat blowing even when the car is cold as though it thinks the car is always hot. Done a code read and found 2F22 - Engine Temperature Signal not plausible. I've done some forum searching and others with the same issues seem to solve this by changing the temperature sensor out.

One thing i noticed is that when i go into the hidden OBD menu there is no engine temperature showing -(see picture below). This led me to believe it was indeed the sensor so i've just swapped it out. This has had no effect though and the car still doesn't seem to know what the water temperature is. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Odometer Display device Auto part Font Car

There wouldnt be a fuse for the sensor would there? Just hope its not the wiring :eek:hmy:

Thanks, Rogan

Text Font Technology Signage Electronic device

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I would imagine your thermostat has failed...
number 4 (11537534521) on here : RealOEM.com * BMW R56 Cooper S Waterpump - Thermostat
Ok thanks, well I did get a price for that at the same time as i saw some people with same code found this was a problem, but I wondered why I'd be getting the weird non display of temperature as per my picture? Even with a knackered thermostat surely it'd show a cooloant temperature?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts