MiniTorque.com banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Been a bit Q but some more upgrades, mostly courtesy of my suspension spring snapping. So the only thing to do was fit coilovers 馃き I have been torn but for my budget I decided on ST ATX in the end as I wanted the adjustable front top mounts.
Fitting actually was fairly simple even on the end of the drive. It took me longer as I wasn't sure whether I'd need droplinks etc and so I hadn't ordered them and turns out I did.

So in total I have whiteline, cut to fit, front droplinks, rear super Pro adjustable drop links, hardrace adjustable camber control arms and 12mm spacers at the front. I also updated the top rear suspension bushes with powerflex. My friend made me some larger spacers to go onto the bushes as the originals are smaller and thought it better that they go to the edge and compress the bushes symmetrically.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
The cars been setup with these values for the moment and once I've had a go properly on it can adjust if needs be. The rears should be sitting around 1掳 of camber now with settling.

Font Number Document Paper Rectangle

Registered
Hi,
Awesome work , the car looks amazing. Quick question did you keep the old HPFP ?
I am a hydraulic engineer by trade and I wanted to see if the fuel pumps could be reconditioned so I want one to strip down. It might help me and a few others in future maybe ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Thanks.

I did actually keep it yes so if you wanted to have a look that's fine by me as I was going to see if it could be repaired but haven't.
There is an hydraulic engineer on eBay who says he can do this repair so it seems it might be possible.

Registered
yes that a good point - just looking on ebay there's a guy in Winsford who will do you an exchange ( with a warranty I think ) for 拢180.
So that sounds like the way forward to me if I have any issues. Sorry I was thinking they were 拢600 without any other options so I thought we could help
out the Mini fraternity ...:rolleyes:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
So since last time I've done a bit of work on the engine due to an oil leak... Well I say me, I got a garage to do it cos of looked fiddly as ...

So the oil filter housing, oil cooler gaskets, and while it was apart changed the oil feed to a braided Goodridge Hose as I'm told it is also a weak point.

Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
they're good brakes, it's just a shame they push the wheels out further than some others, such a better look though than sliding calipers (y)

Reactions: Rusco_9

Registered
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Thanks Sean, yeah they do have that affect don't they, I'm currently on 12mm spacers as that is what I needed in the old wheels, I think I can probably half them which will help a bit.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.