MiniTorque.com banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
So been a busy and expensive weekend as the P0087 code turned out to be the HPFP so a new one from BMW isnt cheap but seems to have fixed the problem. Had the gearbox oil changed yesterday too so all the lubricants are done. Countdown to track day, 1 day left 馃檶馃徏

Offending article....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Also fitted a scangauge 2 from Orranje today, I was going to put it behind the steering wheel but it didn't fit with the cable on so moved it under the heater controls and it actually sits quite nicely.
Just had to remove the trim under the steering wheel, to the right of heater controls and then just slide the centre console back to get the wires through.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Lol, sorry yeah not given any updates...

Had a great day out, the car was spot on mechanically, all the temps were good throughout, the tyres were awesome too, highly recommended, I think without them the standard suspension would have given me more issues but there was too much roll for track but still had a great fun and in the the back sections it really held up nicely.
Still need to work on tyre pressures, I played with them during day trying to get them right as combe does hit the front nearside hard. Dropped down to about 23.5psi cold, by the end to try and get it right which was starting to work nicely.
Met some other mini's, which was cool and went out in a GP3 too and was able to give him so good tips, they're a nice car and quick!! A few red flags during the day, I think the lockdown rustiness was coming out unfortunately 馃 there are some photos from the professional photographer's there which are online, just need to choose a couple to show and a couple from the day below from track side馃憣馃徏

Registered
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
I think it is a good circuit if you're nearby especially the back sections, I do quite like it, it doesn't give you much room for error as the run offs, in the most likely sections, are short, as some found out unfortunately, but I've been there a few times before so for me I enjoy it 馃憣馃徏
I would a like to try Donington next.

I was also amazed that the fuel useage wasn't as bad as expected either, bonus of being standard perhaps 馃榿

Premium Member
You picked a very nice weather day for it!
I remember my 1st ever trackday in my old, the roll was pretty bad so fitted coilovers. Next time much more solid but was then slipping all over the place in my seat 馃槀

Glad you had fun and great pics - good to see other minis out there as well...that R53 looks mean.

I've got a day at Bedford next Saturday - 2nd time there so hoping will be a bit more familiar this time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
It was great weather for it indeed yeah, 馃槵I'm very pleased with that and definitely helped warm up the tyres 馃槑

Lol, that sounds like seats will be my next problem then as I want to sort the suspension 馃檴 it's a never ending story of fixing the next problem isn't it 馃槄

Bedford looks a fun circuit actually, by looking at the pictures as I've not been before, and going the 2nd time will definitely help 馃憣馃徏

Registered
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Things seemed to have slowed down as I've not done much recently.

One of the EBC discs warped so have had to replace them as well as pads, EBC have sent yellowstuff pads so I'll see how they are having not used them before, got to bed them in this week before Castle Combe a week tomorrow!!

I also fitted an Alta Stiffy Spring to see if that makes any boost difference 馃し馃徏

Registered
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
Since last time I've fitted a vibra-technics lower engine mount as I felt a fair bit of rock on mine when driving.
It has made actually a nice difference, which I didn't expect, feels tighter at the front, the only thing I would say is that there is now more engine noise in the car and you can feel the vibrations of the engine on low revs through the steering wheel.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I had the car geometry done last week in prep for track day yesterday at FCM, Bristol, It is only stock suspension so it was adjusted for some toe and the camber set to suit at the back as the front isn't adjustable.

I didn't expect much difference to be honest but the car was totally different. Initially it felt like the back end was oversteering which was unnerving but it was just that it was turning in tighter so I was having to leave the corner turn in later so as not to cut the corner but once used to it, it was pretty good.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.