MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I think most coilover bolts are longer should you go down that route.

Placebo or not - if you feel it you feel it (y)

Yes coilovers will be a route at some stage. That's another minefield to go through though 🙄😁😂

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Same issue for me using bilstiens b16 coilovers with gp2 strutbrace
which surprised me as gp2 oem are also bilstien so I hoped would fit ok
Yeah that is odd, you'd have definitely thought that it would have been the same 🤷🏼‍♂️ are the Bilstein B16's bolts no longer than standard then?

How do you find them too out of curiosity?

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,881 Posts
for my set-up I slotted strut towers to match the gp2 camber
I don’t have a roof so any extra stiffness is welcome, B16 gives me a good compromise between road and track, also running bigger superpro arb bars front and rear.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
for my set-up I slotted strut towers to match the gp2 camber
I don’t have a roof so any extra stiffness is welcome, B16 gives me a good compromise between road and track, also running bigger superpro arb bars front and rear.
Ok that's good to know 👌🏼 I like the sound of that as mine is going to be road and occasional track too. I was thinking about adjustable top mounts for camber adjustment? I have whiteline ARB's on order.

·
Premium Member
5,463 Posts
Yes coilovers will be a route at some stage. That's another minefield to go through though 🙄😁😂
it can be a minefield, but you know the answer already ;O)

Reactions: Rusco_9

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
it can be a minefield, but you know the answer already ;O)
Lol, that might well be true, funnily enough my other screen atm might be on a certain website. I need to do research though because my knowledge is definitely not as in depth as I thought looking at all the options 🙊

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Had my first little issue with the car....

The smell of burnt oil was the first give away, it was dripping on the turbo heat shield. Thankfully an easy fix and with a new gasket set from BMW Mini I was able to swap it out.
It also gave me a good chance to check the chain and guide at the same time.

A good clean up and re-fitted with the new parts and I'm pleased to say it has cured it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Attached the Forge in take hose at the same time as the old breather pipe had come apart too many times from the main body, I had plasti-welded it once already but it wasn't great so I didn't want air getting in passed the MAF.

I was having a moment with this because I removed the old breather part of the house on the rocker cover and for love nor money couldn't get the new hose on...

Took me a long time..... Longer than it probably should have.....🙄 To realise that the clip wasn't part of the old hose and needed to come off and go into the new hose. Just in case someone else has a moment like me 😂😂

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

All ready to be fitted tomorrow, gonna be a good day.
Only a month to the track day so it is all coming together nicely. Few more bits and bobs to get in-between... mainly tyres...
I'm currently looking between....
NS-2R, 595RS or Zestino Gredge 07RS

The NS-2R might be too hard though as they only do a TW180... decisions decisions

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well what was meant to be 1 day turned into 3.... The rear NS caliper was shot and needed replacing so whilst doing that thought why not make it two... Then whilst at, why not do the discs and pads so it is all shiny 🤷🏼 glad I checked though because at the end of the day I'm taking it on track and you want it to be safe.....
Thankfully the roll bar and front brakes went on fine along with 3 of the hoses, one was stuck but thankfully again some penetrating fluid sorted it and finally studs!! It is coming together so she's up to top notch next month. I'll attach some pictures as they're always nice to look at I think...
Before..

After...

Thanks also to Promotive Newport for their help...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
I bought some second hand cooper wheels, which are pretty cool ready for some tyres...

I also checked them on the car, they're pretty close to the strut but I forgot to check the current ones and see how close they were.... Is this normal??

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
That's the rubber sorted at last, it's been epic, for some reason, firstly trying to find some one with any stock and then I've been let down twice on other deliveries but it actually worked out well as I ended up with better tyres than I had previously ordered and at a better price.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts