MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my 2005 05 plate (facelift) Pure Silver/Black roof MINI One, 71000 miles.

The car came out the factory looking exactly like a Cooper with Cooper bumpers w/ chrome inserts, 16" Cooper 5 spoke wheels, 'Cooper' on boot and door entry sills. Huge spec including heated seats, air con, fog lights, puddle lights, rare antracite dashboard (as opposed to the common silver one). The 16" Cooper wheels will be back on the car but if the buyer wants the black wheels, I'd leave them on. They are 17" Team Dynamics Tornado (red stripe) with good tyres.

Unique features:
-Grey Shelby stripe (Black & MINI Chili red pinstripes) EASILY REMOVED.
-MINI Chili Red mirror caps.
-John Cooper Works (JCW) aero style black honeycomb grille (bonnet and bumper). Much rarer than the standard chrome slats.
-Gloss black centre belt line (below windows) covered with gloss black vinyl (again, easily removed).
-Scorpion cat back exhaust (sounds/looks nice, not too loud)
-Radio Boost CD (Upgrade)

Chili pack which includes the following over a standard MINI:
-Floor mats
-Passenger seat height adjustment
-Map pockets
-Front and rear fog lamps
-Interior lamp package
-Chrome bumper inserts
-16" 5-Star Light Alloy Wheels
-Roof Spoiler (upgraded to 'Aero' spoiler)
-Sports Suspension PLUS
-Sports seats
-Leather Cooper S steering wheel (thumb grips)
-Leather gear knob

ABSOLUTELY NO EXPENSE SPARED WHATSOEVER (read following paragraph).

I have spent an awful lot of money on this car in the 2 years I've had it. I've replaced the clutch, gearbox, power steering pump, exhaust, brake pads & discs. (All professionally fitted with receipts). I have spent over £3000 replacing the notorious common MINI faults, meaning the new owner shouldn't have to spend a penny for a very long time. There really isn't any risk involved with this car. The engine was changed in January 2013 due to a damaged crank. This was over £1000 on it's own (again, receipts and warranty included). The new engine has only covered a verified 21,000 miles so feels as good as new. The engine came from BMW MINI Spares (very reputable company). The new clutch, gearbox and engine all feel absolutely fantastic together and make for extremely satisfying, easy driving.

The last MOT passed with absolutely no advisories, however I still had the wiper blades and brake discs/pads professionally changed to ensure the car is as perfect as it could be. After spending the money I have on it, I'd keep the car but I'm upgrading to a Cooper S.

I bought the car in March 2011 with 61,000 miles and full BMW service history and 1 lady owner. I've only done 10k since getting the car, now on 71k. Reason for selling is that I'm upgrading to a MINI Cooper S. Insurance is very cheap on this with it technically being a One despite the Cooper conversion.

It is taxed until August 2013. Fully 100% HPI clear.

Thanks for viewing, you can get in touch by sending me a PM on here, (07790) 059958 or [email protected] to talk more and/or arrange a viewing.

£3750!!!!!

IMG_5539.jpg Screen Shot 2013-03-11 at 16.27.24.jpg Screen Shot 2013-03-11 at 16.27.01.jpg photo (13) 16.22.55.jpg IMG_7080.jpg

MORE HD PHOTOS: http://s1092.beta.photobucket.com/user/olly-w/library/MINI

Reduced to £3750 as I need the money quickly!

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot! As for the wheels, I'm fairly sure they are, or at least the shop I bought them from told me they were, they look identical?
Ignore the JCW centre cap logo (Team Dynamics centre caps underneath) here they are: photo3.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A very good ad mate but they're not TD 1.2's.
Thanks for pointing that out, think you're right actually, I've never really thought about it after buying them. Just had a search around and I can't even find what these are.

What he told me in the shop was that you could get TD Pro Race 1.2 and 1.2 S and these were the 1.2 S. The 1.2 have the 'TEAM DYNAMICS MOTORSPORT' engraved around the lip and the the 1.2 S has the red lip. I've seen pictures of the 1.2 S (or so I believe) with the red lip where the lip is much thicker than mine, I queried that when buying them and he said they did them for a very short time with the smaller red lip. I actually preferred it to the others so chose these.

I have receipts so could go back to the shop and see what it's all about.

Anyhow, they look great and have been fantastic for me.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just had a look at TD Jet's, I'm fairly sure they're not those. Jet's have many more spokes and seem different.

I'm going past the shop I bought them from now so I'll pop in and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gutted if you paid for PR1.2's - Tornado's are a considerably cheaper wheel!!!

(Tweeks sell them at £325 for four, instead of £469 for PR1.2's)
Think I paid around £580 including tyres so they must have been £325 (or thereabouts).

·
Premium Member
5,969 Posts
The cooper and one are the same car other than the map giving the 115bhp of the cooper compared to the 90bhp of the one, the bumpers, dash are all the same, the anthracite dash came as standard on the one, a no cost option on the cooper and S.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Didn't realise the bumpers were the same, I thought the One didn't have chrome parts and just had the chrome sections on mine body coloured.
The anthracite dash may have been a no cost option but it's much more rare than the common silver dash which is the reason I had pointed it out.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ahh that's new to me! Anyway, this car has the Chili pack, has the chrome inserts, and is bloody lovely, so someone buy it! hahaha

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I'm looking at getting an S, found one locally that's great so need to get rid of this, now reduced to £3750!!!

Once again, the new engine, clutch, gearbox, power steering pump and exhaust adds a lot of value and you can be confident you won't have to replace these parts any time soon!

£3750.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts