MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Mini Cooper S R53 2004
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car just failed MOT on dipped beam too high. I've never driven the car in the dark so not noticed.
I've got the Xenon headlights, how do I adjust them?
I can see the adjusters for the main beam but nothing for the dipped.
Both sensors are present, the front one being new as it was broken and I replaced it when I dropped the subframe. Rear sensor was seized but I took it off and greased it all up.

Is there some kind of reset for the lights?

Rear brake pipes failed on corrosion as well, these are the original ones so not too bad for a car that age. Is it easier to get some preformed or a roll of pipe and run my own?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
you can't get pre formed, just pre made, harder to bend the OEM ones though although they're plastic coated and will last for years, copper type stuff often looks shit because people won't spend time on it after it's all been rolled up, most don't care though, I hate really wobbly brake lines so other people are quite fortunate when I do them haha.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper S R53 2004
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably going copper, I've done it before and its not looked too bad.
The headlights are more of a concern, everything I've seen on line mentions the two adjusters, which as far as I can see just move the Main beam?

·
Registered
689 Posts
The adjusters move the whole unit within the headlamp that contains both the dipped and main beam.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts