MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
have you looked at the car side of the battery earth lead for corrosion, they sometimes do from damp boots etc, similarly at the front, clean both ends of the earth and the engine bracket earth point, beyond that look at cleaning and checking the connections at the live jump point perhaps, the first video sounded like the engine was squeaking while turning, this one with the clicking suggests insufficient power to the battery but still doesn't sound right as it turns,

personally I'd still turn the engine over manually to get a feel for how free it is but that might only have value if you know how it should feel, still, if it's particularly tight it'll tell you something

where are you? More people are joining and not saying where they are....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That video above was with a full charge . Literally took it off charge and put in car and took video . I’ll try other things , thanks

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
OK, so you just took it off charge, but have you got a multimeter?

It could still be goosed.

After charging overnight measure the voltage then just turn the lights on dipped beam for a couple of mins & check again.

You should have 12.6 volts, anything less means 0.1 volt down is 20% loss of charge.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I haven’t checked the voltage however the battery is only 7 days old . I also took out a brand new battery and replaced it with the one I have .

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Still need to check it out as even a 7 day old battery could have been on the shelf for ages before hand.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Assuming you have fuel & a spark, both of which are easy to check and nothing major like the timing chain has lunched itself, then I'd be bump starting it. If it runs, then you've narrowed it down to the battery or the starter motor.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Assuming you have fuel & a spark, both of which are easy to check and nothing major like the timing chain has lunched itself, then I'd be bump starting it. If it runs, then you've narrowed it down to the battery or the starter motor.
Great suggestion (y)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts