GP2 set up

Thread: GP2 set up

MiniTorqueGoesFinland
    Post Thanks / Like

GP2 set up

We want to work on the set up of the GP2: we need adjustable front top mounts, adjustable rear anti roll bar, adjustable rear control arms and possibly new adjustable end links all round? I'm thinking Vorshlag, Whiteline and Hotchkis. What do you think?

2. # ADS
    MiniTorque Ads

Post Thanks / Like
    Hotchkis bar, but I wouldn't bother with the control arms, you can get an easy -2 neg camber using the OEM adjuster at the lower control arm outer joint to the trailing arm. The only advantage would be if you're going all rose joint/pillowball including top mounts and trailing arm front bushes.

Banbury Oxfordshire home of motorsport engineering
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CarsOrBikes View Post
    Hotchkis bar, but I wouldn't bother with the control arms, you can get an easy -2 neg camber using the OEM adjuster at the lower control arm outer joint to the trailing arm. The only advantage would be if you're going all rose joint/pillowball including top mounts and trailing arm front bushes.
    215/45/17 ado8r Yokohama
    On et37 oz ultraleggera will not leave any spare room if lowered

Using the oem adjustment, I got ridiculous camber trying to generate arch clearance
    Pushed them back upright in the end
    Got 2 sets of arms ready to go on but will perhaps look at tyre and wheel options 1st
    As I'm trying to keep things close to stock-ish (as far as possible) with this car

(Forge and hotchkis) with DNA topmounts will be my choice if I decide to go further down this road
    Last edited by Alski; 22/09/18 at 15:10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]help us go faster...
    MT......................its all about taking over the world...ha, ha,
    https://www.minitorque.com/forum/vbga...?do=view&id=46

5. Remove Advertisements
    MiniTorque.com
    Advertisements

Banbury Oxfordshire home of motorsport engineering
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just noticed this in the wrong section?

Gen 3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]help us go faster...
    MT......................its all about taking over the world...ha, ha,
    https://www.minitorque.com/forum/vbga...?do=view&id=46

MiniTorqueGoesFinland
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, so you like the Hotchkis rARB.

I've never heard of DNA top mounts, but I'm about to Google them.

Is there a consensus on adjustable camber arms? We're running 17x7 OZ Ultraleggera ET37 summers and 17x7 OZ Superturismo ET40 winters...

PS: mods please move to the 2nd gen section. Sorry.

MT 1000 Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you on the stock GP2 dampers still? If it's for track, put some Alta PSRS bushes up front. I sell spherical bearing rear trailing arm front bushes, which eliminate the compliance in the joint much in the same way as the PSRS does at the front. I also have a few sets of rose jointed control arms left if you're interested.

knd_

MiniTorqueGoesFinland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the GP2 is on the stock dampers (without knocking): we like the ride and handling, but feel there could be some benefits of adding some adjustability (more than 2 degrees fixed camber at the front).
    And I have the Whiteline equivalent to the PSRS bushes on the 53 which I really like. What's the damage on a set of your knd rear control arms?

MT 1000 Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbw View Post
    Yes, the GP2 is on the stock dampers (without knocking): we like the ride and handling, but feel there could be some benefits of adding some adjustability (more than 2 degrees fixed camber at the front).
    And I have the Whiteline equivalent to the PSRS bushes on the 53 which I really like. What's the damage on a set of your knd rear control arms?
    I didnt know Whiteline did a spherical type bush - thought they only did PU rubber ones. I'll PM re arms.

knd_

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, looked at several options before selecting the Hotchkis which in it's lowest setting is something like 208% stiffer than OEM and you'd feel it. If you get one maybe start it off in the lowest setting because each setting is really significant. I only recently put mine to the middle when I removed my front bar completely. Great that it's hollow and achieves what it does.

the PSRS system is supposed to help with negative camber in the turn through more positive caster, in addition to the straight ahead camber set up in the geom check, and in theory can preserve tyre life with less wear of the insides, probably also camber related tramlining or introduction or worsening of torque steer. I have them but not fitted yet, still testing my car without the front bar so will change things again later on.

Thread Information