Best bang for buck coilovers - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best bang for buck coilovers

Post Thanks / Like
    aren't ST XTA's the same?
    Exclusive Workshops'Driving The Experience' Official supplier of M Factory Competition Products, YCW Suspension, YCW Engineering, Swift Performance Springs. Infinitude Autosports, Synchrotech Transmissions Inc. Official Installer and Service Centre for Swift, YCW, M Factory, Exclusive Workshops Performance Final Drives, Gear Sets and Race Transmissions.

2. # ADS
    MiniTorque Ads

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah me to, I need another set for my other car and it is a lump of money so I understand,

but I stand by the difference some kit makes, the coilovers I use on one car are cheaper and I really like them, despite lesser springs and no YCW dyno'd valving but share a few important parts and at least they're firmer than many and linear plus the rest of the spec is very similar, with performance on track allowing me to get round reasonably quickly and with nice enough control. Cheaper stuff having soft or progressive springs or no camber adjustment top mounts and poor damping just wouldn't. On the road at a pace the car is great, I have a simple 12 clicks rebound on these which make an obvious difference rather than 30 or more where the last few might make a little on budget gear. I can supply this kit also at less than YCW but still a grand or more with free basic install. I can also supply with the rear utilising stock top mounts for a little less again, only reduces a little pillowball noise which is a minor thing anyway. It isn't so road biased like much of the stuff out there so a bit choppy on irregular road surfaces at low speed and I grimace for bigger bumps haha, however that's a minor trade off imo. BC sell budget springs that will fit if a couple of kilo's softer are preferred. The coating on the springs deteriorates pretty quickly on our roads so need a lot of cleaning or they rust fairly easily from daily fit and forget type use but it's easy to get them redone, kit like this was never intended as fit and forget, it's high performance kit that is meant to be maintained with regular frequent cleaning and checks.

I know I'd rather buy better suspension than buy braces and bars or spoilers or wheel rims and half cages with cosmetics a priority, performance comes first for me so rather than live with one of the typical budget options impairing my ability to out perform other vehicles I'll just have to continue to miss out on some track days which is already frustrating but I'd rather do that than buy anything less than I have suspension wise, missing four days at Oulton pays for my mid range kit, couple more at Ty Croes pays for YCW hopefully....maybe, let alone tyre savings, brake pads and more, 140+ fuel each day, 70 in 90 miles, or almost 1/minute depending on the conditions, ouch! Here I am spectating only for now....ffs.

I also have some BC's but kept them as a loan set for the interim,
    Exclusive Workshops'Driving The Experience' Official supplier of M Factory Competition Products, YCW Suspension, YCW Engineering, Swift Performance Springs. Infinitude Autosports, Synchrotech Transmissions Inc. Official Installer and Service Centre for Swift, YCW, M Factory, Exclusive Workshops Performance Final Drives, Gear Sets and Race Transmissions.

MT Virgin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just gonna save a few months and see then, I cant fault the stock sports suspension it's running now, feels like it's on rails. I'll call it the altitude reduction fund, although already manhole covers and speed humps are a pain in the arse.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MiniTorque.com
    Advertisements

MT Plus Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    @CarsOrBikes can you elaborate on the above post please Are you saying you are using Ycwwith different springs and can be one for 1k or have I misread it.
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    the kit I'm using isn't YCW no, YCW just use a few common parts now on theirs, mine don't use Swift springs and they're closer to 1k because of it,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information