Stage 2+ Manic Map - video and Dyno Graph - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stage 2+ Manic Map - video and Dyno Graph

MT Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisvdd76 View Post
    I only wonder what the stock clutch will do with 404Nm... But absolutely amazing!
    Don't worry, we have a Helix Clutch and Flywheel setup to cope with that when the time comes!

2. # ADS
    MiniTorque Ads

MT Virgin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't even picked up my FJCW yet and eyeing up your stage 2 package haha......

Are there any drawbacks with the N18 FJCW auto? Had to get an auto since my Mrs can't drive a manual.....

MT Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Haven't even picked up my FJCW yet and eyeing up your stage 2 package haha......

Are there any drawbacks with the N18 FJCW auto? Had to get an auto since my Mrs can't drive a manual.....
    That's why we like to hear, always best to get planning early!

I don't know the auto question but will get the guys to double check for you - they're at our Bedford Track Day today so should be back in after Thursday.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MiniTorque.com
    Advertisements

MT 1000 Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Won't get quite as much power out of it as equivalent manual due to the torque converter, but there are some tricks that Manic can do to help extract decent power.

MT Virgin
    Post Thanks / Like
    I assume even with just a stage 1 remap (no mods at all), I should be looking at around 230-240bhp?

The car felt pretty nippy for a little 1.6 turbo, but coming from a 700bhp Audi S4, it obviously didn't leave me outstanded.

However, the handling is out this world. Even on a full custom coillover set-up, the S4 was heavy and no where near as direct as the JCW.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a bone stock n18 clubman S and am liking the idea of an alternative map on the sport button. I'm not overly impressed by having to shell out another 180 for the sps to switch maps though
    Last edited by Astroboy; 20/08/15 at 11:38.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick update.. I've been in touch with manic and you can have a power map on the sport button. You buy the manic 'x' product which is a sub stage one product, then spec the single power map to what you want with the bespoke options. No idea on costs though

MT Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroboy View Post
    Quick update.. I've been in touch with manic and you can have a power map on the sport button. You buy the manic 'x' product which is a sub stage one product, then spec the single power map to what you want with the bespoke options. No idea on costs though
    Just a little clarification on this - we've been in touch with Manic regarding the sport button ourselves following this thread feedback from Astroboy.

As is has been explained to us by Manic, the Sport button changes the throttle maps, steering weight, and the pops and bangs from the exhaust. The power and torque in both normal and sport modes are roughly the same. It would not be possible to go from stock to full Manic with only the Sport button. With regards to engine power it only changes the load value. Boost/timing/lambda are all separate. To select between stock and the performance files an SPS switch is required.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't the answer I was after from them but I really appreciate you clearing up what is and isn't possible. Still an awesome product that's very near the top of my shopping list

MT Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroboy View Post
    Wasn't the answer I was after from them but I really appreciate you clearing up what is and isn't possible. Still an awesome product that's very near the top of my shopping list
    Sorry it took us a little while to get back to you, we needed clarification from Manic. The map itself is still fantastic and, now that the stages have been redefined, well worth taking a look at what we can offer yet again with the very latest Manic offerings e.g. Manic X etc. Details here (click).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information