NEW! Lohen Gen 2 Engine Rebuilding - 6 configurations available
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: NEW! Lohen Gen 2 Engine Rebuilding - 6 configurations available

  1. #1
    MT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eccleshall, Staffordshire
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like

    NEW! Lohen Gen 2 Engine Rebuilding - 6 configurations available



    Check out the stunning range of forged components used in Lohen's Gen 2 MINI Engine Building configurations. >> https://goo.gl/68GLsM

    With tolerances expertly checked and professionally built in-house, Lohen has 6 engine specs designed to suit any needs, from standard to heavily tuned. MINI N14 is fully configured and MINI N18 is being worked on as we speak.

    As you'd expect from Lohen, only the very finest components have been selected for exquisite quality.

    Lohen | Supertech | MAHLE Motorsport North America | ARP

  2. # ADS
    MiniTorque Ads

    Join Date
    The Beginning
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #2
    MIN-Tily Challenged Alski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Banbury Oxfordshire home of motorsport engineering
    Posts
    7,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a lot of demand for a top end 9k mini engine ?
    I know this is a how long is a piece of string question,
    but what hp/whp would that be rated to, assume correctly tuned, right fuel...?

    Admittedly I chose the expensive one, then ticked a few boxes, cams would be nice,
    and let's assume previous one blew to one million bits so no exchange available, but many enthusiasts brought their cars for far less than nine big ones, so I'm thinking this may be tad expensive, although I'd love to see you selling loads.

    Or is it more like.....if we make it they will come
    Last edited by Alski; 09/03/17 at 13:44. Reason: Top end
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]help us go faster...
    MT......................its all about taking over the world...ha, ha,
    https://www.minitorque.com/forum/vbga...?do=view&id=46

  4. #3
    MT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eccleshall, Staffordshire
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    Is there a lot of demand for a top end 9k mini engine ?
    I know this is a how long is a piece of string question,
    but what hp/whp would that be rated to, assume correctly tuned, right fuel...?

    Admittedly I chose the expensive one, then ticked a few boxes, cams would be nice,
    and let's assume previous one blew to one million bits so no exchange available, but many enthusiasts brought their cars for far less than nine big ones, so I'm thinking this may be tad expensive, although I'd love to see you selling loads.

    Or is it more like.....if we make it they will come
    There's not huge demand for 9k engines and, of course, not everyone will opt for top of the range or tick all the boxes... but it's sure good to know what's available. But I also know, in my experience, when people love their cars they are prepared to do whatever it takes to keep it on the road, budget notwithstanding. It's not always about just money (thought I acknowledge cashflow is a significant factor for a lot of people).

    Lohen is committed to being the best we can within our field and we're working hard to bring products and services to the MINI market that people will benefit from. I'd (personally) like to think we've grown enormously over the past couple of years, releasing new products, forging relationships, trying to develop something new for the MINI community - after all, if we just sat still, it would be a rather boring environment. We've introduced hundreds of new product lines over the past couple of years, engine configurations being just 6 of them. Realistically those at 270 bhp will want the next stage and forging is the sensible option.

    We're also keen to showcase our in-house engine building capabilities and see this as a real strength for Lohen. Of course, some people may require a totally standard rebuild with standard components... but often people want a little more, and a little more - we're now geared up to deal with it.

    Final stages of testing are beginning on our R56, Chilli, as we've just rebuilt that engine and are now looking to prove it. Watch this space for details. We understand demand for this may be limited and slow to catch on but, to coin a phrase, we're now ready to hit the ground running for when that demand appears!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    MiniTorque.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Settling in at MT
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    slough
    Posts
    239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any update on the figures produced?

  7. #5
    MT 1000 Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northampton area
    Posts
    1,012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've just had my engine rebuilt to the 9k spec and beyond, will be interesting to see how far you manage to push Chilli. Any plans to add a bigger turbo too?

  8. #6
    MT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eccleshall, Staffordshire
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansai View Post
    I've just had my engine rebuilt to the 9k spec and beyond, will be interesting to see how far you manage to push Chilli. Any plans to add a bigger turbo too?
    No plans for a bigger turbo on Chilli yet, we have started offering a Owens Development turbo if you are looking for over 280bhp.
    Owen Developments Hybrid Stage 3 Turbo For MINI Gen 2 Cooper S & JCW

    We have also just released engine rebuild configurations for the N18 engine
    N18 Crate Engines

  9. #7
    MT Plus Member CarsOrBikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    London/Surrey/Wirral
    Posts
    3,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you giving people a new oil pump with their new engine?

    Major damage is fine for surcharge rejection, but measuring tolerances and reviewing surcharge amounts due? Don't you think the chances are people wanting a new engine are those with one out of tolerance. That appears rather off putting.

    You could show a breakdown of parts costs and labour in there, not wishing to pick holes here, genuinely some people have no idea of the cost of high end components, they won't realise straight away that beehive springs are close to 500 alone for instance....

    You could, with each option, advise some degree of suitability? Let a customer know that option one is ideal for a tired engine just used as a daily, with little or no upgrades, but built with longevity in mind, option two may suit those that like to add tuning options typically stage 1, with reliability in mind this option will cope with a remap and exhaust, and daily use of available power circa 200hp. You know, something to take the indecision out of the options I have just read. Me, I'll just have billet/forged everything haha.

    Oh hang on, I have an R53 ;O)

  10. #8
    Bugger lordf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Get off my land.
    Posts
    25,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Are the N14's closed decked as part of the re-build?
    sometimes (most of the time) I sit back and I think to myself, fucking MINI's...

  11. #9
    MT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eccleshall, Staffordshire
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CarsOrBikes View Post
    Are you giving people a new oil pump with their new engine?Major damage is fine for surcharge rejection, but measuring tolerances and reviewing surcharge amounts due? Don't you think the chances are people wanting a new engine are those with one out of tolerance. That appears rather off putting.You could show a breakdown of parts costs and labour in there, not wishing to pick holes here, genuinely some people have no idea of the cost of high end components, they won't realise straight away that beehive springs are close to 500 alone for instance....You could, with each option, advise some degree of suitability? Let a customer know that option one is ideal for a tired engine just used as a daily, with little or no upgrades, but built with longevity in mind, option two may suit those that like to add tuning options typically stage 1, with reliability in mind this option will cope with a remap and exhaust, and daily use of available power circa 200hp. You know, something to take the indecision out of the options I have just read. Me, I'll just have billet/forged everything haha.Oh hang on, I have an R53 ;O)
    We only supply a new pump if it required on the engine builds that we currently do, so for the crate engines they would come with a working used oil pump.

    To be honest all of our engine builds so far have been building the customers current engine due to failure or wanting to run more power. I imagine the surcharge could put someone off but that is how much it could cost to buy an engine to replace the damaged one. I appreciate that some people might not understand the costs of the parts or what the engine builds are designed for, I will feed this back and see if this can be amended.

    Quote Originally Posted by lordf View Post
    Are the N14's closed decked as part of the re-build?
    We do not close deck the block as part of the rebuild.

  12. #10
    MT Plus Member Astroboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    9,736
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't know how you can call these crate engines, they are recon's with upgraded parts. Does it come in a crate? And what's going on with those prices? Good luck shifting them, I think you're gonna need it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07/04/14, 09:34
  2. New at Lohen! Genuine MINI Lower Engine Mount
    By Lohen in forum Trader Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25/10/12, 12:44

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •