Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Switchable maps ?

MT 1000 Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepenl View Post
    WTF!
    78oC IAT?
    Are you using a FMIC?
    These kind of temps are silly high mate.
    With an Evolve V2 FMIC the IAT does not even reach 50oC when ambient is 40oC, of course when you spank it really hard continuously. Normally the ΔΤ of IAT to ambient is 9-10oC, with the Evolve IC that is.
    If you don't have a FMIC I suggest you use one, especially when you are running high boost tunes...
    It will pay off...

78oC?...
    It's also possible that the ECU will lock in a reduced max power level if it sees too high an IAT on too many occasions - as a det prevention and no warning or fail light to tell you this has happened

2. # ADS
    MiniTorque Ads

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by N_F_S View Post
    No, I have almost the same power as stock with sport button off, and have more power(estimate 250, but need to get dyno figures) than stock with sport button On.

But with button off I don't have exactly the same map as stock. The person who have reprogramed the car says that only can reduce the power output of the car, but can't use the sotck map. If I understand well, he can reduce the power in percentage.

I don't know how, but serves the propose of have different power in different situations. My girlfriend can use the car now without complain about the extra power.
    You can't use different maps, but you have two throttle maps with the sport button. So if you set the throttle map with sport button off to lets say use 80% the result will be that you have less power with sport button off. Just like I mentioned at he beginning of this thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh well that explains it then. So a similar effect could be achieved even if not quite two separate maps... That may be good enough...

5. Remove Advertisements
    MiniTorque.com
    Advertisements

Settling in at MT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do Evolve do any maps for R53?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information