Mini R56 Challenge coming to Game Stock Car
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mini R56 Challenge coming to Game Stock Car

Post Thanks / Like

Mini R56 Challenge coming to Game Stock Car

Not sure how many sim racers we have here, I know there are at least 1 or 2 including me so thought I would post this.

Game Stock Car will be releasing the R56 Challenge car very soon, the game is great, some of the best phsyics I have every played on any sim so I am sure it will be good. Their models are normally great, here is a render;

If anyone wants any info about getting into sim racing just send me a message, its great if you want to be a race driver but cant afford to be a race driver....

2. # ADS
    MiniTorque Ads

Settling in at MT
    Post Thanks / Like
    how do you join? Looks quite good

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly its not really a simple answer to this one.

As the dedicated sim racer market is very small, its not really a game for just buying and playing single player as the single player game mode is limited and only so long you can race against AI.

What you need to do is purchase the game and then join a sim racing community that supports this game and participate in online racing, for me, there is nothing better. Racing with up to 50 other guys on real life tracks with semi-realistic physics.

RaceDepartment.com is one of the biggest sim racing communities and supports many games and they race this. This game is also nearly identical to rFactor, rFactor 2, GTR2, Race 07 etc... so if you like it there are lost of other things you can race.

To really enjoy it you will also need a wheel and pedals, you can play on a game pad but its not recommended. You can pick up a cheap set for less than 100. I would recommend a G27 as its great value for money and very reliable and feels good. If money is no option, get a fanatec Wheel and clubsport Pedals. However, if you have never played online with a dedicated sim then dont spend too much money as it takes time to get a feel for it and you wont really know if its for you or not until you have really put in some serious time.

Its not a plug and play arcade game, but if you enjoy it, sim racing can be epic, we race sometimes in teams for 24 hours at the Nordschleife and a month ago we raced for 12 hours at Sebring and lost the lead with 30 minutes to go :-( but it really is very competitive fun racing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MiniTorque.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not gonna knock it till I tried it... but how much effort/aggro is this to set up?

I assume there's fees to pay?

Is any other MT members on one of these (preferably one of the race drivers on here (Jove, O'Dwyer, Lee, etc))?

Post Thanks / Like
    Really want to give it a go, but guessing you need a pretty beefy PC?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO go with iracing!

http://www.iracing.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jove View Post
    Overpirced and does not work properly...... Waiting for slaughtering now!

Actually, its brilliant in theory, graphics, models and race system is great, sense of speed and tyres for me let it down massively, the tyres are a WIP and it shows on some cars, I also feel it lacks the private community feel that many rFactor leagues have, TFR is one of the few decent exceptions of a private league working.

You dont really need a beefy PC to run these games, you just need time and dedication and a real interest in Motorsport. You dont have to be fast but you must be consistent, to be consistent you need to practice. It is a bit of an effort to get it all setup but once you make it through that stage, its brilliant.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    The TFR is a bit of a joke the stewards don't even know what there taking about or watching and it's a bit of a circle jerk group.

As for iRacing there isn't anything out there that comes close IMHO, yes it's expensive but the service you get it pretty good and there are always events going on daily. You make the choice of what you want to drive as you progress for the license levels, some don't like it because they haven't tried it.

I still play around with rFactor, SimBin titles etc it's all good and i think it's helped me over the winter months while we aren't on track.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, the structure and quality of iRacing is second to none, guaranteed racing at set times, I just prefer smaller communities where you race against the same group of guys each week, it becomes a bit more personal and everyone knows each other. I also love the big team races of up to 24hrs, iRacing does not offer this yet but I know they are working on it.

I have never raced at TFR, a few mates told me its quite good although they dont race there much any more so maybe they lost interest.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by George Talbot View Post
    I agree, the structure and quality of iRacing is second to none, guaranteed racing at set times, I just prefer smaller communities where you race against the same group of guys each week, it becomes a bit more personal and everyone knows each other. I also love the big team races of up to 24hrs, iRacing does not offer this yet but I know they are working on it.

I have never raced at TFR, a few mates told me its quite good although they dont race there much any more so maybe they lost interest.
    Once the drive swaps has been implemented, there will be some big endurance races guaranteed. I'm a big fan of the endurance races in the GT Vette / GT40, just not much time to do any of this at the moment with Time Attack etc I just feel a bit burned out.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information