Mini coding
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini coding

MT Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Mini coding

I recently fitted a set of Chrono gauges & am happy with the effect, so have decided to keep them alas due to the differences between the 2 clusters some of the warning lights are wrong.

I am guessing there is a program/app that can connect to the ECU & be coded for the change.

I did have an old INPA disc & interface, that I thought may be the job, alas the installations video is only for win 8 & mine is win 10, so I am struggling & accept that it may not be the right thing for the job anyway.

Can anyone tell me what it is that I need & does anyone have it already within reasonable reach of me near York?

2. # ADS
    MiniTorque Ads

Post Thanks / Like
    I loaded INPA onto win10, not the easiest thing to use anyway, my diag kit will code and programme though, not that I use it for anything other than my own vehicles and don't think I'm so local haha,

glad you like the Chrono, I think it makes the car entirely different to be in and use, especially at night, should have been standard imo, irrespective of how the gauges work,
    Exclusive Workshops'Driving The Experience' Official supplier of M Factory Competition Products, YCW Suspension, YCW Engineering, Swift Performance Springs. Infinitude Autosports, Synchrotech Transmissions Inc. Official Installer and Service Centre for Swift, YCW, M Factory, Exclusive Workshops Performance Final Drives, Gear Sets and Race Transmissions.

MT Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right, probably not too local really, never mind, hopefully someone else is or I can find a garage with the facilities to do so.

I bought them off the bay of e a while ago & fitted them to see & yes, I agree I much prefer them to the rev counter only in the line of view.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MiniTorque.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a beemer specially in wigginton, autohaus I think they're called, next door to yorvik engineering.

Not used them myself, but found plenty of decent reviews when I was looking for someone to load the 210 JCW map.

Post Thanks / Like
    if he's got Autologic with the licence for BMW/Mini he'll be able to, some aren't cheap, I saw one the other week advertising 84 for a check plus 84 just for option coding, I guess 70ph + vat, min/1hr as does happen.
    Exclusive Workshops'Driving The Experience' Official supplier of M Factory Competition Products, YCW Suspension, YCW Engineering, Swift Performance Springs. Infinitude Autosports, Synchrotech Transmissions Inc. Official Installer and Service Centre for Swift, YCW, M Factory, Exclusive Workshops Performance Final Drives, Gear Sets and Race Transmissions.

MT Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave^ View Post
    There's a beemer specially in wigginton, autohaus I think they're called, next door to yorvik engineering.

Not used them myself, but found plenty of decent reviews when I was looking for someone to load the 210 JCW map.
    In looking around I found them & was going to give them a ring on Monday, as it certainly looks like they have the gear to do it & as you say not too far either.

MT Virgin
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know why people get so upset about the way the Mini chrono gauges work. It's the same with some Focus ST owners. The oil gauges in the Focus ST (and RS) calculate from other sensors in exactly the same way as the Mini chrono does. It's not the end of the world.

MT Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know.

I don't have an issue with how they work, which is why I want them, by the way.

MT Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am booked in to Autohaus for the morning so hopefully they can sort me out although the guy has never coded a set of Chrono gauges before but I assume it is pretty generic as it is a factory option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one, if I wasn't working I'd pop down....

If you get chance, could you ask them if they'd be able to do the jcw210 map?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information