Kumho tyres - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Kumho tyres

Post Thanks / Like
    Suspect it's a bit of confusion with the ZV5 which didn't seem to get great test results...

2. # ADS
    MiniTorque Ads

MT Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Database error double post

MT Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    As above, my reply (if you look where/when I posted it, and the quote I used to reply to) was about the Avons.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MiniTorque.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E-R53 View Post
    As above, my reply (if you look where/when I posted it, and the quote I used to reply to) was about the Avons.
    I think he's saying you got confused, the ZZ5 the post a few before yours doesn't have any tests that you refer too

MT Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    OOPS! Sorry, I clicked on ZV5, never mind.

Anyway, all other Avon tyres in tests are [email protected] so they probably are too.

MT Plus Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ran the Avon ZZ5 on my R53 as it arrived to me with them on, I changed to Bridgestone RE050 from the Avons when they wore out and they were better, but more expensive......for the money the Avons were OK, but nothing exceptional.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im a huge fan of the Federal 595RSR. For 75 you get twice the life of an R888 at half the price for whixh you get probably 90% of the grip of an R888 in the dry and alot more in the wet.

Value for money and performance wise I don't think its touchable.

Poor race tyre though they just get too hot haha

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 ^ although I don't race but often stay out for longer than the 20 mins some will be racing for and the tyres show it, brilliant tyre for the money and was the first and only tyre I used when coming off the run flats, absolutely night and day. On the road even in winter or in the wet if sensible and still making progress they are pretty capable. I found the wet limit in standing water once on a local A road where the car was picked up and deposited almost into the path of an oncoming bus! It was quite a fight trying to keep the car straight and was a stark reminder of why the right tyres should be used for certain conditions, but to be fair it was a stream of water coming off a field on a hill, on a bend, traversing the lanes haha, so I couldn't avoid it. On the motorway you have to have wits about at 80 if it's really wet. I never thought of taking them off, I just drive to suit the feedback.

The AR1's I think you might be surprised how fast they wear, they grip noticeably more than the 595's but in my limited 1/2 day on track with them in very long sessions, is they show the heat, and wear very quickly compared to the 595 in similar conditions, so at the moment the jury is out. In a race of course the grip will be worth it, it's just I wasn't expecting quite such heavy wear. I'm going to get two more which will help wear them all out evenly, then I want Federal FZ201 I think. Worth a shot. The AR1 can be switched side to side too which is handy trackside, despite the appearance of the tread pattern, the federal is directional though.

I'd expect the KU39 as a road tyre in general use for the Mini would be fine, and inexpensive.

As for Kuhmo, I just fitted four to my CL500 and on the first run of 450 miles I found it quiet, and stable, three occupants and luggage, in wet and dry on motorway and A road. I rarely use it so it'll take a while to judge wear.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm due new tyre soon, and can't decide.

I've gone through 4 Re002s in about 14k miles, commuting and 4 3hr open pitlane track nights on a short twisty tight track.

I keep thinking about Ns2Rs, but might be pushing it using Semi's on primarily an all season daily that's occasionally tracked.

I don't have room for another set of wheels, but the Re002s coped well on track, but they are discontinued now

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information