MiniTorque.com banner
180K views 1K replies 120 participants last post by  Daveke 
#1 ·
Thought i better actually start a project thread.

My car was purchased in November last year from Halliwell Jones Mini in Southport, was the closest one to me with low mileage. So off on the train with my mate and i soon became the owner on Mini GP -1854

Second day after getting it my KW lowering springs were fitted and the car was starting to look how i wanted it.

Since i've had the car its been getting slowly modded;
My plans were
New seats (recaro's giving me back problems)
Harnesses to go with seats
Spacers, to get the low and fat look!
Manifold and de-cat
Engine tuning
Head unit

I've managed to carry out most of the work since i've had the car bar my engine tuning. Head unit i had from my last car, so was fitted when i got home. There was still too much of an arch gap so the springs have now been replaced for coilovers. As im not wanting to chuck too much money into the car i decided to go with AP coilovers for the GP, as they are essentially KW's. And i dont mind greasing them up once a month or so!

Coilovers should hopefully arrive this afternoon and i can get cracking and have them fitted!

PHOTOOOOSSSSSS

Thats it for Spicy just now. . . :thumbup1:

See less See more
#239 ·
I'll do the blitz for now, as i have two spare sets of RB's to put on if i dont like them red.

And if i do like it then i can find some other wheels. Right now i'm putting money into other things and buying ANOTHER set of wheels when i have another 7 sets lying around isn't viable or cost effective haha!

Evil - i'd hope it would bring the scottish out in him, seeing as he is scottish :lol: Bring back the ruling over MT "insert Evil laugh"

#250 ·
Not a huge ammount to update on this, but just bought a few new pieces . . .

RMW BVH
RMW Grand AM Cam
ARP head studs
550cc injectors
Alloy radiator
GRS front mount
Ported inlet manifold

AP BBK - 2 piece

So old head is off, new one being fitted just now. And should have it running this weekend. All i need to do is sort out a front half cage and im good!!!

#254 ·
Haha i forgot the Innovate AFR gauge inside and new black takata's to go with the Bride's.

Once i get the car put back together i'll take some more photos.

Huge thank you to Jan at RMW for supplying all my parts and getting it organised for me! Really looking forward to getting the car back running :D

#268 ·
Missing the point. Takata's signature thing is their colour, always has been until they sold out to le Germans.

Im teasing hahaha!

They are super nice harnesses, i dont like the schroth ones. But once i got them, they are stupidly good quality. So well worth the ££££ no hobo here!
Yes they are mega nice, hence why I've planned to go with them (in green). Sadly I am many steps behind on the money front and I don't want to buy twice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.