Back in a R53 Cooper S and couldn't be happier!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back in a R53 Cooper S and couldn't be happier!

Settling in at MT
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Back in a R53 Cooper S and loving it!

Hey!

I'm back in another R53 five years after selling my first. I've been through a few different cars since selling the MINI - a Scirocco, Porsche Cayman, S3, but I never really fell in love with them like I did my MINI. It's as good as I remember and I'm so happy I took the plunge and bought another! For those who maybe weren't around in 2012-2014, here is the progress thread of my last cooper S - I always tend to go down the OEM+ route with cars...

https://www.minitorque.com/forum/f27...7/index10.html

I was pretty picky with the base car I wanted. My criteria was that it had to be a facelift R53 (2004-2006 model), relatively low mileage (sub 80k) and full service history. It took a few weeks to find, but eventually I found this 55 plate red R53 on 76k:

It has full service history, never failed an MOT in its life (plus only had very minor advisories!) and mechanically seems absolutely spot on. I've already made a few changes - an aftermarket headunit with bluetooth functionality, fitted a microphone in the A pillar for handsfree, routed a iPhone charging cable behind the dash to keep things nice and tidy (it retracts away when not in use!) and fitted a rear wiper delete...

My plans for the car is to make it a fast road car setup. Anything to improve handling, probably some buckets, roll cage, maybe some performance mods (exhaust is a must) and a few cosmetic changes. First of all, new filters, fluids and an MOT to get it running sweet.

Very happy to be back in a fun car again... I love it!
    Tom
    Last edited by UKtom; 15/07/19 at 15:32.

2. # ADS
    MiniTorque Ads

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds nice, I'm a fan of the Chrono kit regardless of how they calculate information, the dash as a whole is much nicer than anything else and having the speed in front I prefer,

the exhaust won't net you much but everyone changes them in the end haha, I'm also a fan of an OEM looking car and did fit a JCW catback eventually but only after ~250hp, I put the money into a cam first which the engine liked a lot, then a manifold which does help ;O)

always good to see people coming back to these I think, the grass isn't greener on the other side at all haha
    Last edited by CarsOrBikes; 25/06/19 at 10:20.
    Exclusive Workshops'Driving The Experience' Official supplier of M Factory Competition Products, YCW Suspension, YCW Engineering, Swift Performance Springs. Infinitude Autosports, Synchrotech Transmissions Inc. Official Installer and Service Centre for Swift, YCW, M Factory, Exclusive Workshops Performance Final Drives, Gear Sets and Race Transmissions.

Post Thanks / Like
    duplicate again!
    Exclusive Workshops'Driving The Experience' Official supplier of M Factory Competition Products, YCW Suspension, YCW Engineering, Swift Performance Springs. Infinitude Autosports, Synchrotech Transmissions Inc. Official Installer and Service Centre for Swift, YCW, M Factory, Exclusive Workshops Performance Final Drives, Gear Sets and Race Transmissions.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MiniTorque.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Very smart. Black and red has always been my favourite colour combo. Looking forward to seeing how this develops

Potential Post Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely Jubely

MT Plus Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shes clean!

Post Thanks / Like
    great looking R53, Red is so nice
    Project - 2004 DS R53

Settling in at MT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone! The car is great although the paintwork does need attention - there is lacquer peel in certain areas but nothing that can't be fixed - all will be resprayed in time.

Meanwhile, Lohen MINI helped me out with a few essentials to get the car running 100% and for peace of mind:

Over the next couple of days the car will be having:
    - Oil change with fully synthetic 5W 30 Millers Oil
    - Bosch Oil filter
    - Bosch Cabin filter
    - Bosch Air filter
    - OEM fuel filter
    - NGK Laser Platinum Spark Plugs
    - FUCHS Pentosin CHF 11S Power Steering fluid
    - Air con re-gas
    - New MOT

Hopefully that should cover most of it. I am also tempted to get the supercharger serviced at some point for peace of mind... anyone have any experience with this? What sort of rough cost should I expect?

Thanks
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by UKtom View Post
    Thanks everyone! The car is great although the paintwork does need attention - there is lacquer peel in certain areas but nothing that can't be fixed - all will be resprayed in time.

Meanwhile, Lohen MINI helped me out with a few essentials to get the car running 100% and for peace of mind:

Over the next couple of days the car will be having:
    - Oil change with fully synthetic 5W 30 Millers Oil
    - Bosch Oil filter
    - Bosch Cabin filter
    - Bosch Air filter
    - OEM fuel filter
    - NGK Laser Platinum Spark Plugs
    - FUCHS Pentosin CHF 11S Power Steering fluid
    - Air con re-gas
    - New MOT

Hopefully that should cover most of it. I am also tempted to get the supercharger serviced at some point for peace of mind... anyone have any experience with this? What sort of rough cost should I expect?

Thanks
    Tom
    If you have half a day and your good with the spanners, Do it yourself. It's easy peasy.
    If it's not broke, Leave the Fu**ing thing alone

MT Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilkarting View Post
    If you have half a day and your good with the spanners, Do it yourself. It's easy peasy.
    That is all mine took, but then I did also have pretty much 1/2 the front end off to do lots at the same time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information