Taylors JCW Hatch
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylors JCW Hatch

Post Thanks / Like

Taylors JCW Hatch - Prep before mapping

Been on here for a little while now, got a few jobs done to the Hatch with a few more planned in coming weeks. So thought I'd post up a thread...

Bought the car in December 2015 after much consideration. I Knew what I wanted, just needed to find it...

I trained as a BMW/MINI Technician so all the work is of course being done by myself. After 4years I decided that I liked the idea of sales and moved over to sales.

This delayed my purchase as I had a company car. and still do.. Yep. I have two MINI's.

Working at MINI meant I had a number of sources to search through to find the right car.
    Ended up buying from a Ford dealership of all places.

The specs were

- 2013 R56 JCW (63reg) N18
    - Chili Red
    - Chili pack
    - Heated seats
    - 22k Miles with TLC
    - 1 Owner

and most importantly had some of its Manufactures warranty left.. in case a few things need replacing! If you catch my drift.

The car had a red roof and mirrors from factory. This didn't look too smart and needed the black roof and mirrors to match the wheels and ABC pillars personally.
    So with a quick conversation with the Bodyshop they managed to get this done for me before taking it home... Result!

Pictures from the add:

First up was a good clean and fitting of the Evolve decat I bought before I even had the car!
    As I had this before the car I had time and decided to heatwrap it, so that's done and of course keeping those engine bay temperatures to a minimum. (Click the Video below, should work, only a little one after fitting)

As I'm sure you all know, they sound much better on the move. Haven't got any intentions of changing the exhaust as I like the factory look of the JCW system and to be honest, money is better spent in other areas.

I then bought a K&N Typhoon Cold air feed which other than sounding great, had a nice effect on the power band. Seems to be much smoother surge of power.

Since the Photos I have done a full 3 stage paint correction (not that it was bad) but I'm anal when it comes to paint work.
    Also a Airtec FMIC is on order so will update with some more pictures and details when more happens.
    Last edited by Taylor_JCW; 30/03/16 at 12:10.

2. # ADS
    MiniTorque Ads

Post Thanks / Like
    This is lovely mate!

Potential Post Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like this!

Looking at your Flickr, how does the R56 JCW compare to your F56 Cooper S? (Assuming it's the leccy blue 16 plate)

5. Remove Advertisements
    MiniTorque.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Heard View Post
    This is lovely mate!
    Thanks Matt! Found you on Insta the other week, must say I do like the Corbeau seats!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor_JCW View Post
    Thanks Matt! Found you on Insta the other week, must say I do like the Corbeau seats!!
    What's your user matey? Yeah I do love them, ideal for what I use the car for and fit well in the R56

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SamMCS View Post
    I like this!

Looking at your Flickr, how does the R56 JCW compare to your F56 Cooper S? (Assuming it's the leccy blue 16 plate)
    Yeah that's the one.. Had a F56 JCW for a little while too.
    Power wise, the R56 feels much faster. The F56 is so much more refined and almost too electronic when it comes to having a blast. There are so many driver assists on the F series.
    One that I do like though is that on the downshift it rev matches for you.. Takes the fun from driving a bit but its good if your being lazy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Heard View Post
    What's your user matey? Yeah I do love them, ideal for what I use the car for and fit well in the R56
    RJTaylor_

Something I might consider later on.. Although i'd lose the heated seats. :/ Cant be doing that..ha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor_JCW View Post
    RJTaylor_

Something I might consider later on.. Although i'd lose the heated seats. :/ Cant be doing that..ha
    Ahhh there's no need for them! The material is a lot warmer than leather in the winter months!

Post Thanks / Like
    Little bit more progress to get this up to date!

Completed a 3stage Paint correction the car last week.. when I say 'completed' I still have the front end to do as I ran out of time.

Sealed what I have done already with some FussoWax. Brillinat stuff... used it on previous cars and it lasts ages too.

Me and a group of mates have a Road trip booked for this year..
    10 Nights through France, Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, Austria, Germany and then home.
    The Main reason for it being the show called Worthersee in Austria, most of my mates drive VAG stuff so were heading there via some of europes best roads.

I'm hoping the MINI will come into its own on some of the mountain roads and passes.
    Need a few bits done before I go to get the most out of it..

First I need to loose these run flats, So I've bought some Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

I've just ordered an Airtec FMIC and booked the car in at 1320 for a Manic Map on April 14th. Hopefully going to get a print out before and after so there will be videos etc to follow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice progress... you will enjoy Worthersee I went a few years back will defo go next year..

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information