The Tyre Recommendation Thread
Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tyre Recommendation Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb The Tyre Recommendation Thread

If you have bought a set of tyres for your 1st Gen MINI that you liked, and you would like to recommend that tyre to other Mini Torque members, then post up here and tell us all about it .

It doesn't matter if it's a runflat tyre or a regular tyre , only that you liked them.

Just say what brand and model of tyre it is, and what size you bought it in. Then write a small description of what you liked about it.

Hopefully this thread will see a pattern emerge, of tyres that work well on a MINI .
    Last edited by Hyper Active; 07/09/10 at 19:47. Reason: spelling, oops.

2. # ADS
    MiniTorque Ads

MT 1000 Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really like my Yokohama Parada Spec 2 195 / 50 - 15 because they are £30 each grip is awsome in the dry but unfortunatley at the drag strip they are no better than a run flat.

I did have high hopes for them because they feel so soft but you can do some wicked rolling burn-outs

Post Thanks / Like
    I've not long put a set of Avon ZZ3 tyres on, in the 205/45-17 sze. I've done about a 1000 miles on so far, and i'm really pleased with them. Grippy in both wet and dry, give a quite and comfortable ride, and gentle break away characteristics when the limit is approached. I just find them a perfect road tyre for my MINI Cooper S.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MiniTorque.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Loving the Goodyear Eagle GSD3's one of the best upgrades so far, fronts are wearing quite quick mind. Car is so fast point to point in the wet. Size is 215/40/17.

Understeer is gone, back end is more lively but not unpredictable. Handles how it should have from the factory, Superflex front wishbone bushes massively improved the handling and the tyres match up perfect. Just the right amount of grip.

I have been caught out by lift off oversteer once recently but it was 6am and a bit of OL , power and left foot braking sorting things out anyway. Never used to get that with runflats, fronts would wash out well before anything else happened

Tokesuk
    Like a muppet I responded to this under the 2nd gen section.

Anyway. Running Yokohama Parada Spec 2. 205/40/17. Loving them in the dry not quite sure on the wet yet as not been pushed. Big hike from the dunlop run flats I had beforehand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Top thread idea Andrew

For the winter I use Goodyear F1 Eagles as they are super in the wet. For the summer Yoko Parada Spec II's all day long... they can easily cut it during fast road driving and on track are something else, plus as Paul said you can get them cheap, I buy them off eBay for £55 each and then get them fitted for £10 each so at £65 a tyre I don't think they can be bettered for Summer driving either on road or track.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well in 18" wheels there is not the hugest of choices.

I've had Falken KF-451's which were a great budget tyre (£80 for a 215/35 R18 is budget ) Great in the wet and dry. But has now been replaced by the KF-452's that I can no longer comment on.

Toyo Proxes T1-s were on my car for 4 days. Although practically bald when on the car they still seemed rather good in the wet, and perform well on My Mrs Cooper.

Now done close to 35k on Yokohama Parada Spec 2's. Very slippy in the wet but amazing in the dry. VERY wide when compared to the same size Toyo's, so protect my rims reallt well. Downside, noisy. Had to change my rears after 30k (fronts last 20k) despite having plenty of tread left because I was getting a wheel bearing noise (BMW still replaced the wheel bearing under warranty even though it wasn't the cause of the noise).

I fancy the Eagle F1 GSD3's but in 215/35 R18 they can be difficult go get at times. Fancy Pirelli P Zero Nero's to but heard they're soft and they're very expensive.

Bhozar
    I love the Eagle F1 GSD3's. I have used them on many tracks and fast road. They are rubbish in snow... dont ask.

I'm going to try a set Parada Spec II's when I get around to it.

If they will fit on my wheels, and under my arches, I'll try out a set of Dunlop dz03g tyres too. The smallest size is 215/45, so may not fit with my ET37 wheels and lowered suspension. On the front I also have a 5 or 6mm spacer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhozar View Post
    I love the Eagle F1 GSD3's. I have used them on many tracks and fast road. They are rubbish in snow... dont ask.

I'm going to try a set Parada Spec II's when I get around to it.

If they will fit on my wheels, and under my arches, I'll try out a set of Dunlop dz03g tyres too. The smallest size is 215/45, so may not fit with my ET37 wheels and lowered suspension. On the front I also have a 5 or 6mm spacer.
    How are yours wearing? I've quickly scrubbed the edges off mine. I do run the fronts quite low though (30-31 PSI), or is this more to do with alignment?
    Last edited by batou; 16/06/08 at 09:06.

Bhozar
    I have NEVER had a pair of front tyres last more than 10k miles. The edges of all my tyres always wear a lot too. I think it might be my driving style. I run 32psi in them.

Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information