R53 Cooper S - Aircon delete question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R53 Cooper S - Aircon delete question

Post Thanks / Like
    I will take a picture of the back of my aero grill in a min and post that as you need to do some trimming on that too

2. # ADS
    MiniTorque Ads

Post Thanks / Like
    With how close the top right angles are to the grill, if you dont shave the backs of the grill, it will pop out when you slam the bonnet. I used an angle grinder as it had a larger surface to run across the back of the grill where the two would meet. Do it neatly and you will never see it from the outside. You could also use a dremel or even a sanding block if you have a lack of tools:

Untitled by James Baker, on Flickr

You dont see any of this with the bonnet up, I had to sit on the engine and look back to get a decent photo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quite a high destructive cost to consider in exchange for the few seconds IAT may be 56 degrees or more.
    Exclusive Workshops'Driving The Experience' Official supplier of M Factory Competition Products, YCW Suspension, YCW Engineering, Swift Performance Springs. Infinitude Autosports, Synchrotech Transmissions Inc. Official Installer and Service Centre for Swift, YCW, M Factory, Exclusive Workshops Performance Final Drives, Gear Sets and Race Transmissions.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MiniTorque.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CarsOrBikes View Post
    Quite a high destructive cost to consider in exchange for the few seconds IAT may be 56 degrees or more.
    Thats why I always tell people that ask me what I think about it, had many pm's from people thinking its a simple bolt on process. The fitting process isn't for the faint hearted and the buyer really needs to way up the benefit vs what you cut away. Saying that if you removed the intercooler and went back to a top mount setup, the only visual cutting you would actually see is the front plastic panel, everything else is hidden. That could be replaced.

MT Plus Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tweedbean View Post
    Thats why I always tell people that ask me what I think about it, had many pm's from people thinking its a simple bolt on process. The fitting process isn't for the faint hearted and the buyer really needs to way up the benefit vs what you cut away. Saying that if you removed the intercooler and went back to a top mount setup, the only visual cutting you would actually see is the front plastic panel, everything else is hidden. That could be replaced.
    Thanks so much for all the info! It'll help a lot. There is definitely a lot more to cut than I expected but that doesn't phase me really.

Thanks again!

And your engine bay looks awesome by the way

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CarsOrBikes View Post
    At Brands hatch race weekend in April this year my car was 50-60⁰ range for the entire time I was on track as was rockingham, silverstone and donington last season before the cams etc. Dont get me wrong, they were nice days weather wise which wont help.

Two of the other minis in my series have also confirmed they were also in the 50s throughout the races and they are just running exhaust, intake, 15% and a GRS TMIC and all are moving to a front mount now.

The moment you're up the ass of another car on track it spikes massively as well.

Hoping my GRP bonnet doesnt need trimming like the stock one. That might prove difficult!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information