Fill 'charger oil without removing waterpump

Thread: Fill 'charger oil without removing waterpump

Post Thanks / Like

Fill 'charger oil without removing waterpump

Gents, day off today, and got up with the intention of filling the charger oil reservoirs up and changing the coolant, thermostat and housing.

I have the oil but don't have any other seals and shit.

Before I spend the next hour stripping everything down, can you get to the waterpump side full point without removing the water pump?

I know ideally I would be removing the charger itself etc, but I don't have any seals, gaskets, or time really...

Our shall I just fuck it off and got the Xbox instead?

2. # ADS
    MiniTorque Ads

Post Thanks / Like
    Order all the seals etc then hit the Xbox

When I first did mine, from what I'd read you could do it on the car.

Soon became clear it was a lot easier just to remove it completely.

I'm pretty sure you can't even get to the water-pump end at all with it still on...or if you can it's not very easy!

*edit, couldn't remember as I did it a while ago but as you can see below the waterpump covers the access bolt on that end, so it needs to come off!

scservice1.jpg

scservice2.jpg
    Last edited by andyr53; 09/09/19 at 10:26.

MT Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only if you have previously made provision to do it by getting it right off & modifying the casing with a "side fill tube" and now I don't need to remove anything to change the oil, but you would need to be brave & confident to do it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MiniTorque.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    you don't always 'need' any seals at all, if you're careful withdrawing the charger you can clean and grease it to re-use, douse the joint with some lube to help separate it perhaps minimising scuffs to the seal. The green seal can go again doing similar, it isn't a pressurised seal, and leave the exhaust gasket alone. Gently tease the seal off the pump to clean it and the groove etc. People supply stuff in these 'kits' and it can be unnecessary. Yes there is a risk, the seal will have flattened over time and may not provide the seal you'd like.
    Exclusive Workshops'Driving The Experience' Official supplier of M Factory Competition Products, YCW Suspension, YCW Engineering, Swift Performance Springs. Infinitude Autosports, Synchrotech Transmissions Inc. Official Installer and Service Centre for Swift, YCW, M Factory, Exclusive Workshops Performance Final Drives, Gear Sets and Race Transmissions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers chaps.

Bottled it in the end, lucky I did too, as the thermostat and housing didn't turn up anyway.

Thread Information