R56 Cruise Control - Coding Help

Thread: R56 Cruise Control - Coding Help

MT Virgin
    Post Thanks / Like

R56 Cruise Control - Coding Help

Hi All,

I'm trying to fit cruise control into my wife's R56 One.

It has the 2-spoke steering wheel so I've replaced it with the MFSW 3-spoke and the slip ring (61319253767).

I spent some time trawling through RealOEM to get the correct slip ring for the car, no Xenon, no auto wipers, has DSC and ended up with the part number above which I believe to be correct.

All parts fitted and no DSC issues to report after clearing the fault codes in INPA.

I have the latest BMW Standard Tools 2.12 installed but I get repeated errors when trying to read the SZL module as shown in following image.

R56 Error.jpg

As you can see the $249 has stuck in the VO/FA (orange underline in the image).

I have done the FAWrite to the CAS and FRM modules with success and performed an SGReset on all modules with the exception of the SZL as it gives errors.

Please can you advise on where I'm going wrong as I'd love to get the cruise control up and running.

I'm no master when it comes to NCS, I've only been on it for a few days and read all of the thread and guides I possibly could to help to no avail.

All help is truly appreciated

2. # ADS
    MiniTorque Ads

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Have you fitted the clutch switch and wiring or are you in an auto?
    See my build, rent tools Project blue

MT Virgin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rkde View Post
    Have you fitted the clutch switch and wiring or are you in an auto?
    I had a good look around the clutch pedal and the switch appears to be there already. I'll have to look a little deeper and see if I can trace the wiring. Any ideas of part number for the wiring incase I need to purchase one? Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    MiniTorque.com
    Advertisements

MT Virgin
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I did SG_CODEIREN to the modules rather than SG_RESET when I did it on mine. I didnít have to do anything with the clutch pedal.

I followed the coding set out in the guide below. Go to page 17.
    http://mierzwin.com/bmw/how-to/E82%2...20Retrofit.pdf

The other issue is had was with the Daten files. The files I had was too out of date so it would not work. Once I updated the files it worked.
    Last edited by vodkatime; 21/07/19 at 23:00.

MT Virgin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vodkatime View Post
    I think I did SG_CODEIREN to the modules rather than SG_RESET when I did it on mine. I didnít have to do anything with the clutch pedal.

I followed the coding set out in the guide below. Go to page 17.
    http://mierzwin.com/bmw/how-to/E82%2...20Retrofit.pdf

The other issue is had was with the Daten files. The files I had was too out of date so it would not work. Once I updated the files it worked.
    Thank you ever so much for the guide. I did perform the SG_codeiren at the time but I think I will retry it and also include $540 as so far I've just done $249.

I agree that I too could have a daten file issue. What is the best way to check that I have the latest datens?

Thread Information