MiniTorque.com banner

wide arch kit

9K views 52 replies 19 participants last post by  jammyR50 
#1 ·
what do we reckon? better than that liberty walk job?

See less See more
#7 ·
Just looks too much for me. No need. Then again those who will buy it aren't doing it on a car they track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#24 ·
They are matte black I think, so if you paint them with textured black paint it'll match the rest of the arches. My side skirts were all colour coded when I bought them and I painted them and it matches perfectly

I'm not sure about them yet, think I need to see them on a different car. But they would look better if the ends were a bit more gradual rather than almost right angles

#25 ·
Their cheap cos it's only 2 arches spread over 4 corners

Where's the rest of the kit, :lol:

Who would want to follow one of these,
no chance of ever being lapped on track,
be like following a Lancaster bomber tail turret but on unlimited ammo blahblahblahblahblah

#36 ·
Wouldn't want those characteristics on a road car m9.

Car handles spot on for me and sits great in my mind [emoji108] as evident by leaving Elise's and Exiges for dead in the corners last weekend.

Wouldn't mess that up to have to buy new wheels, new arches and a fat ass RARB. You'd need custom made wheels I'd imagine to make them sit perfect or stupidly big spacers which I'd never like to run on track.

#37 ·
Sure your car handles great ...

I've been in my fare share of wide body berg mk1 mk2 mk4 golfs, apart from making U turns into a 5 piont turn there fine on the roads the mini arches aren't that extreme .. Its just the next step for grip,
Just my opinion.. where there's a will and all that..

Wheels :

#39 ·
I can't see why a wider track would make it less responsive, unless you run the same suspension setup as on the stock track.

You would need stiffer spring rates and damped to suit, less toe out, less camber etc.

Steering would be heavier, and might increase torque steer.

Wider tyres front does numb feel somewhat though, but the extra grip would easily offset that.

#44 ·
Legality wouldnt be an issue I'd imagine.

What possibly is an issue is that you can't lower the rear quite as much as you'd like to with these arches. Check out their other pictures, some serious rake going on. Not ideal.

#46 · (Edited)
Jake your just hating on these arches again lol

Tyre Stretch & Poke

Intresting read and ive seen plenty drift cars around my end with similar styles being used with no legal issues ...

As for rake would of thought it depends on how much work you put in to make them fit..

Ryans cars quite legal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.