MiniTorque.com banner

Santa pod / rwyb / 14th feb

4K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  JakeMiCo 
#1 ·
Fortunately for me, my GF is in Rome this weekend so i can venture out... I will be going to Santa Pod on sunday with a few mates.

I managed 14.1 with my Standard GP2 last time, hoping to get in the 13's now I'm running a Manic map :thumbup1:

Anyone from here going ?

#18 ·
Like you say, that's a respectable exit speed but I would expect you to be in the mid 13s too. There's another Stage 1 GP on here achieving just that. The extra torque doesn't make it easy to launch, need to learn how to feather the throttle. Taken a few on here lots of runs to get to grips with it (no pun intended).

#23 ·
If I'm honest, i don't think my winter tyres helped at all, ill go again with my track tyres and drop the pressures a bit ;).

Yeah, i struggled to get used to the sudden torque but my mates AMG was also struggling so think the track needed some more rubber down. 100% going again though!

#25 · (Edited)
Same as the others, struggled to get power down, had it on setting 3 running around 370 bhp and 400 plus torque, best time was 13.70 and 113mph, was at least half way down before it really started to shift and get some traction, like Kansai said need to lower tyre pressure next time and feather throttle better, but if someone's down there next time with more track time and experience there more than welcome to show me how its done, because there's definetly a 12second run in it i'm sure of it, just needs a better driver i'm afraid or i need more practise, whos up for the 28th:thumbup1:

#26 ·
from a rolling start its fecking mental, Picked Davy Koppen and his dad up from the airport on monday, and took him for a little spin in it, he'll tell you just how quick it is once its rolling. Alski will send paperwork over to you when Davy picks up the 3rd mini in a couple off weeks, or i'll drop it of and you can have a blast in it,:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.